Force Windowed mode in Combat Mission games?

Hi all,

I'm retaking this, and maybe some of you remember a thread I created some time ago. My main problem is I wanna play on a device with 1280x720 as max resolution, but game complains to open because say minimum is 1024x768. This is the thread:

I contacted with support but only pointed me to knowledge base articles 😑 I tried with Shockforce 2 just to see if it works, but don't. If I remember correctly, only one CM demo version worked in the past (Black Sea?) but not sure at all.

I thought about a way to create a higher resolution on my computer and scale it, but can't find nothing about this (maybe is not possible). I'm starting to think to install a virtual machine and install inside it. Killing flies with cannons 😣

Because I tried modifying display file, compatibility settings and so on without success, I thought about another way to try. This is to play the game in window mode. I searched but there is issues with this too (oh man...), and would like to know if finnally somebody get it working. (Borderless Window app option found in other threads don't works, because I need to get the game started first, and I can't)

Regards. I would love to get this working because, well, you know, I have a marvelous 100$ game I can't play for "stupid reasons"

3 hours ago, C4nt3r said:

I'm starting to think to install a virtual machine and install inside it.

I have zero experience of running a virtual machine, but note that each CM title has the following in its release details:

The game does not work in a virtualized environment (virtual machine).

The only way I know. create a file in your main exe folder called    display size.txt    if there isn't one. Next in that put yor monitor size such in this format 1920x1200 60 and click save. Yours will be different of course. 60 is the refresh rate.

Edited by user1000

4 hours ago, user1000 said:

The only way I know. create a file in your main exe folder called    display size.txt    if there isn't one. Next in that put yor monitor size such in this format 1920x1200 60 and click save. Yours will be different of course. 60 is the refresh rate.

This maybe works to force some resolution different to the resolution you are using (for example, 1920 or 1600), but don't works in my situation where standard resolution directly makes it fail to run.