BFC, Possibly inaccurate statements ref CFSF 2 that's on Steam

BFC, one of my wargaming colleagues posted a CMSF 2 video which is part of a tutorial series. In it, the man doing that tutorial indicated he was using the Steam version. What concerns me, and may concern you if inaccurate, is the following exchange describing the Steam version. Also, my wargaming colleague told another one that there was no Mac support for this game on Steam, but the way it was phrased indicated that might apply generally to Steam. Either way, I don't know for I don't use it. The things I've mentioned may or may not be issues, but I thought I'd let you know, since these could impact your sales. This video is barely up and already has over 1600 views.

Bravescot
Having looked it over on Steam, seems like the best option for getting this is to go through the actual website rather than Steam. Devs just took the ageing system and threw it at steam at full price and went “yeah this is fine”. Real shame as when I heard the new it was coming I was over the moon thinking it might get a bit of a fix up....but no.

Hide 2 replies
thehistoricalgamer
I believe it's currently on Moduel 4 of the engine so it is a remastered version of Shock Force 1, basically all the enhancements that came with Battle for Normandy, Fortress Italy, Black Sea, etc... all rolled into this game. May not be your cup of tea but I think it's worth it.

Regards,

John Kettler

I think the general consensus is let 'em rant & rave all they want over at Steam. As long as the game sells that's all that matters. BFC will moderate their own board and Steam/Slitherine can moderate theirs. It is a bit amusing, though, to see tutorials and play-throughs on Youtube from guys who apparently only played the CM series twice before. 😂

MikeyD,

Understood. Didn't want BFC to be potentially harmed by misinformation, if any was being disseminated.  As of last channel update (August 31st), views have risen to 1935.

Bufo,

The relevant info's all in the OP, so no need to watch the video at all.

Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler

On 9/3/2020 at 9:05 PM, MikeyD said:

I think the general consensus is let 'em rant & rave all they want over at Steam. As long as the game sells that's all that matters. BFC will moderate their own board and Steam/Slitherine can moderate theirs. It is a bit amusing, though, to see tutorials and play-throughs on Youtube from guys who apparently only played the CM series twice before. 😂

Steam in a nutshell: 

On 9/4/2020 at 3:05 AM, MikeyD said:

the general consensus is let 'em rant & rave all they want over at Steam.

On 9/8/2020 at 7:07 AM, ZackTactical34 said:

Steam in a nutshell: [you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy]

Meanwhile, in reality, 82% of all reviews are currently positive, and Steam rates that as "Very Positive"...

Edited by Bulletpoint