.30cal crew spotting for sniper?

2 hours ago, Lethaface said:

close c2 means that they will also share spotting contacts with the sniper team.

They should do that.  But, in my (CMSF2) tests, they do not.  Am wondering if there is a similar issue in the WW2 titles.  Has anyone tried getting a scout team (ie: with no binoculars) to spot something a few hundred meters distant, then moving an FO or HQ to the same spot so all teams are on top of each other and see how long it takes for the scout to communicate the spotting info to the FO and HQ?

44 minutes ago, Erwin said:

They should do that.  But, in my (CMSF2) tests, they do not.  Am wondering if there is a similar issue in the WW2 titles.  Has anyone tried getting a scout team (ie: with no binoculars) to spot something a few hundred meters distant, then moving an FO or HQ to the same spot so all teams are on top of each other and see how long it takes for the scout to communicate the spotting info to the FO and HQ?

I sure have observed such behavior recently, although not 100% sure since the latest patch. During a CMFI PBEM I brought back scout teams to another Plt HQ upon which they shared their spotting contacts.

I did get a few glitches with c2 icons disappearing and reappearing in CMFI:R2V, when c2 sharing is taking place. But that would even lead a unit who had the contact icon losing it again, until the spotter moved from it's place and broke LOS at which point it would share it. I probably should have made a report on it, but it was a very vague thing to even describe. I might have made a save of it though somewhere. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/14/2020 at 9:53 PM, Erwin said:

Spotting info is shared almost instantaneously, but there's a bug in the system that means vehicle contact info isn't shared if the vehicle moved since it was first spotted. Maybe that's what you're seeing.

No...  In my CMSF2 tests I found that a two man scout team with no binoculars or anything else other than eyeballs was able to spot enemy tanks at over 2500 meters within a couple of minutes.  When an FO or HQ both with binoculars or even other high tech spotting gear was moved to the exact same spot literally on top of the scouts, they were unable to spot the same tanks even after an additional 6 minutes (after which I gave up and exited).  Once has to conclude that not only is the spotting routine bugged, but also the C2 system as there was no communication between the teams.

You can test this yourselves very easily.  (Note that I have not tested this for a WW2 title.)

Edited by Erwin

2 hours ago, Erwin said:

No...  In my CMSF2 tests I found that a two man scout team with no binoculars or anything else other than eyeballs was able to spot enemy tanks at over 2500 meters within a couple of minutes.  When an FO or HQ both with binoculars or even other high tech spotting gear was moved to the exact same spot literally on top of the scouts, they were unable to spot the same tanks even after an additional 6 minutes (after which I gave up and exited).  Once has to conclude that not only is the spotting routine bugged, but also the C2 system as there was no communication between the teams.

You can test this yourselves very easily.  (Note that I have not tested this for a WW2 title.)

Even if two teams are in the same square, they unfortunately can't point and say "Look, the tank is right there". The best they can do is to share the spotting contact info, which is supposed to make it easier for the other team to get a spot, but doesn't guarantee it.

I think it sounds strange that the binoculars team could not get a spot even after six minutes, but it could be due to how the individual team members position themselves inside the square. If they went prone behind a short wall for example, they wouldn't spot anything, binos or not.