See that tune.

@Vergeltungswaffe You get six points for these. 

Sadly for you, I'd already used the great "Jumpin' at the Woodside" to open the competition.

You also missed out on five bonus points. If you'd have used the Glenn Miller version of "American Patrol" rather than Shep Fields then you'd have uncovered my "Intro" music slot. 

So for people paying attention, there are still two pratfalls to avoid, and still bonus points for my "Splash" and "End of Battle" tunes.

Edited by Warts 'n' all

4 hours ago, Warts 'n' all said:

@LongLeftFlank I can't give you any points for the songs as they didn't accompany a photo of US troops with trees or hedgerows. But, I will give you a special two point bonus for bare faced cheek. Or, should that be bare ...

Ah ha, just as expected, the Lord Protector is now caught in a subtle schoolmanly dodge! worthy of his august grandsire (who looks strangely like Rumpole of the Bailey, but isn't so nice).

CLDUwAhXAAATVTQ.jpg

THE ARGUMENT

1. You didn't explicitly say the images had to be still photos. And is not a film, by definition, really just a collection of still images?

2. You haven't debarred newsreel stills, nor recoloured photos, nor heavily staged non-combat shots (e.g. the OP photo is clearly some REMFers tough guying over a kid someone else killed).

3.  So now we reach the crux of my Clever Knot:  in the pre-CGI 1970s where hand-drawn animation was prohibitively costly, iconoclastic director Ralph Bakshi* made extensive use of rotoscoping, the (often garish) overdrawing and recolouring of live film footage to create animations. A good deal of the combat sequence above is recoloured period newsreel.

3. Trees (albeit leafless) appear repeatedly with the GIs, e.g. 0:08, 0:13, 0:21 (Sing, Sing, Sing), 1:23 (As Time Goes By), 3:10 (Lili Marlene -- well, it looks like some kind of vine or potted plant above the piano anyway if you squint)

4. This entire sequence is clearly the Metz-Aachen period (dragons teeth being a dead giveaway), ergo legit for CMBN.

5.  If you declare this is all mere cant and sophistry, and gives you a headache so please shut up, you are clearly also against transgender people peeing in whatever lavatories they please, and therefore a horrid person subject to being canceled, and also having your corpse defaced. Oh, wait....

6. Being a bottom feeder, and not a proud man, I also claim a fractional credit for putting you on to Lucille Bogan.

* btw, also the source of my own avatar, which looks nothing whatsoever like me

@LongLeftFlank Hahaha.

You've obviously not studied the Eisenhowerplatz variant rules. They clearly state that what I say goes regarding what is, and isn't an eligible picture.

As for "putting" me "on to Lucille Bogan", it was a job in music distribution that did that, many years ago. But, it was a nice try. 

9 minutes ago, Warts 'n' all said:

Oh dear, and you were doing so well. Your first three attempts gained you six points. But, then you fell into our Mafioso Frank pratfall and lost five. Still you are now up to 19 and with just one full day of competition left I don't think anyone will catch you.

I think there might be one person who could catch him 😉.  Apologies for the lack of input in this round, opted for some time out after my unrelated video was penalised in the previous competition.  Rules are rules of course, even if they are made up as you go along 😁.

3 hours ago, Vacilllator said:

I think there might be one person who could catch him 😉.  Apologies for the lack of input in this round, opted for some time out after my unrelated video was penalised in the previous competition.  Rules are rules of course, even if they are made up as you go along 😁.

I don't think anyone has asked about the "Eisenhowerplatz" variant. So I will now add an extra bonus in addition to the "Splash" 10 points, and the "End of Battle" 15 points which are still on offer. Anyone who can tell us where "Eisenhowerplatz" was located during WW2 gets 20 points. And in the same way as Noddle Head can't get points for the previous bonuses he can't get any points for it.

Oh dear. You missed again. The clue was in the award of 20 points. The correct answer was No.20. Grosvenor Square. The place Dartford Mick was going to storm in 1968, but he decided to go to the corner shop, buy Marianne a Mars Bar, and go home and write "Street Fighting Man" instead. Personally I was more interested in the European Cup Final, than what was going on in the streets. In my defense, I was only six at the time