Quick Battle w Afghan or Taliban mods?

Hi all. I have some Afghanistan CMSF2 mods, the excellent "Valley's of Death" modded campaign, and grabbed a Taliban mod (a Heart of Darkness fix?).

Is there any way to use these in a Quick Battle? For example, can I select an Afghanistan map and select the Taliban as the opposing force?

You can if the mod has no mod tag. Mod tags don't work with quick battles, only with scenarios and campaigns.

A retextured file with a mod tag will have text in brackets at the end of the file name.

For instance smod_syrian_uniform_combatant 5 [taliban].bmp

There are two versions of my Afghanistan texture pack (that retextures buildings and walls) one with and one without mod tags so you can use it for QBs.

If you want to use the Taliban as a force though, you will have to delete the mod tag for each file in the Taliban mod. And then in the quick battle option screen, pick Unconventionals. The map though, make sure it has a plan for the AI. You can't just use any map for quick battles.

Edited by Zveroboy1