[CMBN]Spotting markers are jumping around, if a unit is selected

Ridcully

Hello,

recently I wanted to play CMBN again (latest Patches/Frameworks), but this issue makes it kinda unplayable. If I do not select any of my units, the spottingmarkers (like the "?") are relativly stable (as one would expect). But if I select a unit of mine (to see what they "know") , these spottingmarkers keep jumping around very frequently (like 25Hz or something). I dont have this kind of issue with CMSF2 with the latest patches (and Framework).

Im sorry if this has been discussed before, I couldnt find anything.

Greetings

No problem. I dont think thats hardware related (still could be) since it works fine in CMSF2.

• Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti
  • 16 GB Ram
  • Discspace shouldnt Matter, since it is no difference if I Install it on a "normal" HDD or PCIe SDD
  • Windows 10 V1903

Edit: https://youtu.be/Sofvt2ad5RI not the best video, but you can see the markers at the house (I do not mean the blicking Icon of my troops)

Edited by Ridcully
Additional Info

• 2 weeks later...

There's also an issue where spotting markers sometimes get invisible when the camera moves about - depending on its altitude and where it's pointing.

A typical example is that you think a house is clear because the spotting marker disappeared.. but if you raise the camera and turn it a bit, suddenly you see the marker again.

I'm thinking maybe these issues are related.

Edited by Bulletpoint

• 1 year later...

IIRC that does simulate that each unit has its own impression of where enemy units are when they are "sound contacts".  Once a unit has been positively ID'd the icon will be stable for all units that also have a positive ID of it.  But, other units which do not have a direct LOS to the enemy unit may still only have a hazy idea of where that enemy unit is and hence the marker will not always be in the same accurate position.

Yes, I cant capture the jumping, but its very similar to this. The markers just appear somewhere else in the blinking frequency. And yes, its somehow tied to the vague spotting signs of units.It works fine if no unit is selected, and I expect (I think that is the "usual" behaviour) that for the unit view its like the global view (but with less markers in general)