Black sea or shock force 2

Eicio

Hello everyone.

I know that this question has already been posted a few years ago but since I cannot buy the full CMSF2 bundle but just the base game with maybe one expansion I was wondering if I should get black sea instead.

I'm really interested in both game, perhaps a little bit more in CMFS2 but I don't know if I should wait until I can get the "whole experience" or go for it and buy the rest later. So I would like to know your thoughts about it, thank you.

This is what I was concerned about, I already own red thunder and Fortress Italy but I was thinking of buying Black sea or Shock force 2 to change a bit, with the current sales I wondered if it was a better idea to take CMSF2 with NATO or USMC rather than black sea so I'm on the fence.

If you want newer stuff to play around then buy CMBS, if you want more readily available stuff/formations (even if you don't buy it right away) then get CMSF2, I don't know if more modules and/or scenario packs are planned for CMBS.

The variety in CMSF2 has a strong appeal, it does feel different to play around with the bigger US marines platoons versus the relatively tiny 6 men platoons of the german army.

I don't own any of the WWII CM games, but CMBS is said to be the more lethal environment simulated by this games, maybe coming from WWII games CMSF2 won't be such a shock.

Personally I like CMBS a bit more, because the newer formations and the terrain and weather simulated, I really hope there will be modules produced for it, but maybe there is not enough interest.

Edited by Pablius

One thing to remember about the modules. Original purchasers were  happy playing the basegame for years before the first module ever showed up, and more years after that before they got the second module. So just buy what you can afford and enjoy playing it. There's no pressure to buy EVERYTHING at once. FOMO is just a state of mind. 😏

Edited by MikeyD

15 hours ago, Eicio said:

Hello everyone.

I know that this question has already been posted a few years ago but since I cannot buy the full CMSF2 bundle but just the base game with maybe one expansion I was wondering if I should get black sea instead.

I'm really interested in both game, perhaps a little bit more in CMFS2 but I don't know if I should wait until I can get the "whole experience" or go for it and buy the rest later. So I would like to know your thoughts about it, thank you.

Get what you're interested in... there's so much CMSF/CMSF2 content that the base game will be more than enough to keep you entertained.

You can purchase the modules later if you so desire (you likely will) & there's various module bundles & the like (plus, now, the occasional sale) which will still grant you a saving.

CMSF2 will give you more content in that CMSF scenarios can also be played on it - so a lot of user content out there.

I would go Nato before USMC (but both will be good, no matter which way you go - they each will add their own feel to organizations.

Go CMBS if you want more traditional terrain, I think that the river crossing missions and such are interesting since they finally had units in the game that can be used to do such things. 

Of course, they went back and added that feature into cmsf2, so if my memory serves me right. There is Marines doing a few beach assaults also in its package.

BLACK SEA!!!! It's compatible with every game's maps except Afghanistan and Shock Force 1/2. Every time you buy a new game, you can convert the maps over to (And from) Black Sea. Also Black Sea feels the best of all the CMs (To me). Shock Force feels like slo-mo in comparison

Thank you all for your answers ! 

Unexpected expanses made my choice much simpler, it is going to be CMSF2 alone and on sale.

4 hours ago, Artkin said:

BLACK SEA!!!! It's compatible with every game's maps except Afghanistan and Shock Force 1/2. Every time you buy a new game, you can convert the maps over to (And from) Black Sea. Also Black Sea feels the best of all the CMs (To me). Shock Force feels like slo-mo in comparison

To be fair I quite like low intensity fights and I play my combat missions games on quick battles with medium points because I really enjoy when every unit/vehicle counts.

I for sure will buy Black sea in the future, like the CMSF2 modules but for now it will be the base game.

Edited by Eicio