How to install scenarios/campaigns in CMFB?

1 hour ago, arpella72 said:

I tried to install scenarios and campaigns from the repository in the game but looks like it doesn`t work the same way than in CMBN.How i have to proceed?

I don't have FB but if it's like RT you need to find the User Data folder, in which there will be Scenarios and Campaign folders.  For my RT installation this folder is here:

C:\Users\My Name\Documents\Battlefront\Combat Mission\Red Thunder, so your FB installation should be similar.

This is, as you say, different to BN which was able to be installed on the D drive if preferred.

The default file location for savegames/scenarios, etc, is different for all games other than CMBN. (A windows thing.)

A quick way to find your location: open the game, editor. Make a game (default map), save as, say, "qqqqackerzzz are fun". Close out.

Do a quick search "qqqqackerzzz are fun". It'll find your location.  ;)

Little tip to save space on your C drive for my part of view and it work, I install all my games in this way 

Important for all CMs series exept CMBN is to respect the path 
C:\Users\your Name\Documents\Battlefront\Combat Mission to activated all games

After only you can make a copy in a drive of your choice

after copy on others drive test it first than you can delete it from your c drive and save lot of space !

ONly the folder with game files have to be respected exemple C:\Users\your name\Documents\Battlefront\Combat Mission\Fortress Italy\Game Files as default this way have to be respected otherwise you will not find any scenarios camp map in your game.

The game itself dont have to be installed on C after activation on it !

For my part.

On the first time I install all CMs Series in the path above on the C drive than make a copy like explain of my choice on differents drives

And I delete all CMs from my C drive exept C:\Users\your name\Documents\Battlefront\Combat Mission\Fortress Italy\Game Files

(this exemple is giving only for Fortress Italy of course)

When you have making a copy of your games you dont have to respect the path exemple my games are installed in the following ones 

I:\1 Afghanistan
I:\2 Normandy V4
I:\7 ShockForce 1
I:\8 ShockForce 2 v4
I:\8 ShockForce2 Vienam v4

You can make so much copy from yours entire games without problems if you respect first the way to activated it all for the first time like explain.

For my part all are working fines, dont forget to test it first if you want to delete it from your c drive !! 

Make the test on another drive of your choice than delete it from c and save space !

Hope my explanations are clear enough !!

JM

Edited by 3j2m7

No, never any problems. All you have to do is make sure the installer is pointed to the folder the title's in, regardless of which drive. If it needs to update scenarios or a new hotkeys file it'll locate the doc folder on the C drive, itself. I'm a beta team guy so I install & upgrade & patch & download 500 times more often than most folks and I never have a problem (unless I stupidly direct the installer to the wrong folder 😨).

On 8/26/2020 at 7:43 PM, MikeyD said:

No, never any problems. All you have to do is make sure the installer is pointed to the folder the title's in, regardless of which drive. If it needs to update scenarios or a new hotkeys file it'll locate the doc folder on the C drive, itself. I'm a beta team guy so I install & upgrade & patch & download 500 times more often than most folks and I never have a problem (unless I stupidly direct the installer to the wrong folder 😨).

This.

I install all my CM games on a separate, dedicated, SSD. They patch just fine. (Like MikeyD, as a beta, I delete, reinstall, patch, etc. a lot more than the average user.)

The savegames go to their default locations, My Documents. (There is a way, in Windows, to change your location of My Documents. I have tried moving it and keeping it in the default C. CM works either way.)

Ok guys very happy to know that it working fine, I know when I was with win 7 never I had a problem to update, for short I was installed on win 10 and having a problem, but probably unzipped in the wrong place... so now working fine, thanks to these added infos, I think I could avoid my long explanation above...

JM