Editor and acquire equipment

Is there any way, in the editor. When you make a scenario! So you could, acquire equipment. From IFV´s or trucks, to squads in the editor?? And not just, in the setup phase? No problem in small scenarios. But when you do a large one. Its hard to test it, otherwise

Edited by Armorgunner

48 minutes ago, Armorgunner said:

Is there any way, in the editor. When you make a scenario! So you could, acquire equipment. From IFV´s or trucks, to squads in the editor?? And not just, in the setup phase? No problem in small scenarios. But when you do a large one. Its hard to test it, otherwise

Nope you can't Acquire ammo and/or equipment while in the Editor.   There might be some tricks or a work around depending on what your trying to accomplish.     

Which game title are you working on?  Are the troops running out of ammo while your testing (shooting it all up)?  Or do you mean its just a hassle to give the player controlled side extra ammo / equipment in the setup phase of every scenario author test?  Or maybe your wanting the AI controlled side to have extra ammo during the mission?   

When the game is played at 'Warrior' level or below any ammo dump munitions you have from 'Dismounted' vehicles will be automatically dispersed (disbursed?) among the units. Except for CMSF2 which doesn't have A 'Dismount' option.

I just conducted an interesting test. CMSF2, mounted infantry without javelins. I give the AI orders to dismount after startup then I play as Red and watch. The AI-controlled Bradley reaches the destination and dismounts, and the  infantry are now carrying the Javelins! The game had automatically 'acquired' them before dismount.

6 hours ago, Armorgunner said:

So you could, acquire equipment. From IFV´s or trucks, to squads in the editor?? And not just, in the setup phase?

If you mean whether you can make sure pixeltruppen can replenish their ammo and AT-weapons a bit later on in the game, you can always have trucks arrive as supply trucks among other reinforcements.

16 hours ago, MOS:96B2P said:

Nope you can't Acquire ammo and/or equipment while in the Editor.   There might be some tricks or a work around depending on what your trying to accomplish.     

Which game title are you working on?  Are the troops running out of ammo while your testing (shooting it all up)?  Or do you mean its just a hassle to give the player controlled side extra ammo / equipment in the setup phase of every scenario author test?  Or maybe your wanting the AI controlled side to have extra ammo during the mission?   

It´s Black Sea. I´m working on a Scenario, where parts Of a US ABCT. Attack a dug in Russian BTG. With a battalion sized, proxy screening force, to take the first blow. And it´s a pain in the a**, to have them mounted. And then put them in their trenches, for each testing round. Since the attacking force, is heavily mechanized. And the defenders know whats comming. Thew have taken some extra AT weapons with them, into the trenches.

In a platoon, or company sized battle. It would be no problem.

Maybe, its easyer. To just give them all availible AT resources, put them in their trenches. And add some Armor, for the ABCT, for balancing purpus. But that would probably, make the scenario even bigger. And its allmost, to big already.

Edited by Armorgunner

18 hours ago, MikeyD said:

When the game is played at 'Warrior' level or below any ammo dump munitions you have from 'Dismounted' vehicles will be automatically dispersed (disbursed?) among the units. Except for CMSF2 which doesn't have A 'Dismount' option.

I tried that, with the proxy battalion. Since they only have trucks. But then a 2 man RPG team, got allmost 1400 rds of 5,45mm. And I want it to be, somewhat realistic. 

It is actually a remake, of the "Bridgehead at Kharalyk" scenario. But with new, and larger forces. And this first one, is only playable as Red. When this is up and running. I intend to do the same, but for playing as Blue.

Edited by Armorgunner