Scenario; Red Stream 120 for CMSF2

Hi,

After the latest patch the FoW trenches are fixed ( i just saw they are NOT fixed, you can see the FOW trenches from the start so just do not look too hard for trenches where is the fun in that ;)  ) and i finished playtesting my updated CMSF1 scenario which took a long time. I had to test it alone so i hope i get it as good as it can be. It will be a brutal affair, that is for sure  ;) 

Without further talk here is the scenario, if you played it in CMSF you know what you are in for but this time with some added surprises, also i slightly changed the attacker forces and reinforcements timing and added more orders to the defender plan since now in CMSF2 there are more orders available. Also i do post a description further below!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/s5w4167dhm3s8jb/Red+Stream+120+for+CMSF2.rar/file

DL from mediafire or post attachement!

3FDB39E2317741BBBD3D2B72A6E373AFAFBE21B4

190964AD657D8D1A11565C5CDF394BC0707A5C68

9BFE4980CB27557C981D2F43D3EC560DB6067B4A

Some information about the Scenario;

Red vs Red, play as Attacker only. Syrian army + US advisors(FO+JTAC) attack versus heavy Unconventional forces.

Size; Large or Huge

Compared to the CMSF1 original i added some bells and whistles to the map, back in late 2007 or 2008 when i made the map the FPS was problematic so i did not add more things than needed to keep good FPS. Now about 12 years later the same map runs a lot better so i could touch it up a little. However i did not add water or bridges for several reason.

I do own all CMSF2 modules, but i try very hard to no include anything that is not in the base game, so everyone should be able to play it.

Directly taken from the briefing;

After weeks of gathering information and neutralizing small checkpoints in the surrounding countryside, we finaly want to cut off the snakes head. With the help of the US air support and advisors we mount an all-out attack to bring this area back under proper government control.
The once mighty warlord and his two brothers which help him in his dirty business, are reported to be located in their homes.

You have to find them and kill them.

In the case of the warlord himself, we want you to kill and positively identify him. That means the Warlords house (Preserve Objective!) is off limits for indirect and sustained heavy direct fire support.

Through information gathered we can tell that the valley is in absolute control of combatants and fighters loyal to the warlord, and they know we are comming. Everything he has left is now in this valley. We believe this to be:

- At least 6 tanks, older T55 models, some of them last seen around the "Deserted Plains"(Landmark, Tactical map).

- About 300 to 350 combatants and fighters, possibly more.

- Some technicals and likely remote controlled explosives.

- We don't know what else he could have stashed in his arsenal so you might encounter AT devices more sophisticated than RPG-7´s in the hands of the most radical and loyal fighters.

- The warlords brothers should be located in "Ashabad", search and clear this location(Landmark)

- The warlord is believed to be in his house in "Shamahr", search and clear this location(Landmark)

For the crazy persons out there that think about PBEM´ing it; some people played the original version by PBEM and it seemed to work, i never intended or balanced the scenario for PvP but there are some youtube vid where people did it.

So, for the few of you who are into such large scenarios, i wish you good luck and have fun! If you run into problems or want to give feedback just leave me some comments in here.

Urkut, urkut,  urkut!!! ;) 

Red Stream 120 for CMSF2.rar

Edited by Pandur

Hey Erwin, i remember we talk about my KG Himmelfahrt scenario for CMBN, you gave me quiet some feedback about it and i remember the thread derailed a tiny bit cause some thought you are overly critical while being passionate about the scenario ;) , i just think, knowing you a little bit from that experience, i want to make you aware that the map is quiet long, like about ~ 3500-4000 meters, you will have to move a lot of units and do some road marchers, that means lots of laying waypoints.

I do hope you still get some enjoyments from the scenario even if moving the units up is sometimes a bit tedious(can not be avoided at that size). At the same time that is a natural damper to the attackers effectiveness as you overextend yourself easy on this map when you are lazy to move up units. So it works both ways, it gives some interesting challenges too.

• 1 year later...

Hey, a little update. I decided to give the scenario a try with US Army MOUT Stryker units. Just for fun, maybe some people do not like the RED vs RED thingy, and i picked US Army for now since everyone has US Army that owns CMSF2 and does not need DLC to play it.

Right now, the briefing is the RED vs RED briefing(and i am not sure yet if ever change that), so if you decide to try it as it is right now, in test stage, you read the R v R briefing but the B v R battle is set up very similar. Scouts on map and A B and C company come in as reinforcements over time.

Anyway, here it is, as said, test stage right now, but all is fully in the scenario. What may be off is the scoring, but if you finish the scenario you know if you won or not anyway.

And as said, the briefing is still R v R briefing. If you give the scenario a try, maybe give me a little feedback here. If there are problem with the download from onedrive please also tell me ;)

Good luck

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuATq63xU7cncChYsWEb35UFavs?e=INnlw4

Edited by Pandur

Hey Erwin!

All i did was replace the Syrian player battalion with a US Army MOUT Stryker Battalion and add the A B and C companies to reinforcements to have the same staggered arival of units as in the Red v Red version of the scenario.

I did a few minor changes to the AI plan(there is 1), moved the scenario start ahead from 0600 to 0630. There are a lot of javelins now of course, but to keep it interesting, i removed 3 of the 9 inherent MGS strykers, so the player has 6 MGS and only 2 Abrams(maybe that is not enough, i will find out) for the scenario. Support is 1 F15 with bombs, 1 AH64D and 2x2 105mm howitzers and the inherent mortars.

The AI has the same AI plan as in the Red v Red version, with some changes in timing.

H2H ... i did not take that into account. The CMSF1 version of the scenario, i only know about 1 H2H match, there are some videos of it on youtube. It would need some real hardcore players to play this H2H, since both sides have a lot of units and scenario time is 3 hours. If the RED player moves his units i think he can do some real damage to blue. Also RED has good terrain to defend and many units to soak up blue ammo. With, so far, only 2 Abrams and 6 MGS, they BLUE player can not spam area fire all the time on everything, he need to conserves ammo.

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Edited by Pandur

Am talking to Probus about testing this out H2H.  We both enjoy large scenarios (eg George MC). 

Also interested in a battle where one side has lots of ATGM's and the other lots of NATO tanks to see if CM2 simulates/predicts tank obsolescence per discussions on these forums. 

You rly think about doing this H2H? Alright, let me ask you if you guys need anything special for that?

I could add a 3rd abrams for blue, as the 2 abrams are in the scenario against the AI, maybe with a human player a 3rd abrams could be justified? I mean RED is not completely impotent.

Also, RED does NOT have any setup zone right now, as everything is place by hand for defense for the AI(and moving AI groups are out of player sight), i could add a setup zone somewhere in the back of the valley so the RED player could at least move units to the setup zone to redeploy them from there, instead of where i put them.

Tell me if anything of that would be to your taste, honestly i did not think anyone would be "crazy" enough to H2H this, but if you guys do, maybe make plenty of screens or some videos or something, id love to see that.

EDIT: i order a pizza not long ago, after i eat i check back in here, if it is needed i could do some changes still this evening, it is 22:07 here where i life. I am awake for some more hours, so if you want something done quick, get back to me here in the thread.

Edited by Pandur

Am in MST time, but won't do anything today.  We're doing a test so balance not so important.  We just want to see if an ATGM heavy force can destroy a conventional tank combined arms force and if CM2 demonstrates the obsolescence of tanks... or not...    Regardless, am looking forward to your game va the AI for fun.

I noticed the original Red vs Red scenario alternate download from Mediafire is down, i put it up in my one drive but i can no longer edit the first post to delete the dead link and place the new one.

Are moderators able to do that?

Here is the Red vs Red scenario download from OneDrive, as the Mediafire link is down;

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuATq63xU7cncdBTCQFxlaLVZ-U?e=04Dk5M

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/21/2022 at 2:45 AM, Chibot Mk IX said:

just finish this.

What a fight! 

Good stuff man! I see you play the RED vs RED version. This one is quite a bit more difficult. Hope you enjoy it, but if you play till the end, it seems you did ☺️

Ok, the US Army version testing is finished. I think it is ready to play. The initial version was way too easy, i removed the 3rd company and replaced it, and the M1A2 i changed to M1A1. And i add just a few more things to the scenario. Also the US Army version has a proper briefing now that reflects that you play US army and not Syrians.

I bundle the Syrian and US Army version together into one zip file to make it more easy.

If anyone has a account for the scenario depot, maybe you can upload this bundle for me, that would be very nice.

Here are the latest versions of the Syrian Army and US Army version, all in one zip!

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuATq63xU7cnd1CLlSVv-fdPEew?e=00IKeM

Edited by Pandur

I am terribly sorry, i sneak a little problem into the US Army version. The M119 howitzer in the US Army(!) artillery section is in fact a weapon that comes with the USMC module. I did not notice right away since i have the USMC module.

Now i replace the 2x2 M119 with 1x2 M777, and now you can in fact play the US Army version with the base game only as intended. New link below. If you have the USMC module, dont mind it, it is a minor change and you will be fine.

Here are the latest versions of the Syrian Army and US Army version, all in one zip!  (26.4.2022)

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuATq63xU7cneJkIEUGzDbtJeio?e=7ywWwT

PS: I made the last post 17 hours ago and i can not edit it, this is very very annoying. I can not remove old link or change it. Why is it necessary to have such a extremely short post edit time limit?

Edited by Pandur