Explosive images

I have seen some very good Graphics of vehicle hits and other detenations on other games such as War thunder, etc I really don' have any complaints about this....But has anyone at battlefront examined something more realistic.  Is at a game engine deal....Or something else

Edited by Markus200544

Well to me realism means vaguely like the real thing, hence me asking what your definition of realistic is.  Your first response was another game and your latest response indicates that you actually don't know whereas I have actually seen it first hand.  That's the thrust of it my friend.  I certainly agree that the game's graphics aren't as good as others and there is room for improvement but what we get in terms of wagons brewing up is not overly far off the mark.  If you're citing War Thunder as a source then before we know it people will be asking for 'realistic' hand grenade explosions based on what they've seen in films.  As I have thrown a grenade or two in my time I know that their depiction in Combat Mission is closer to those that I see in films.

Markus200544, 

I recently went through this search for explosions as well. There are a couple of mods with good stuff, depending on your preferences.

HerrTom's and Aris' are the two I used. I've never seen War Thunder's or been in a WWII tank battle so it is basically what you  prefer. I played around with them, and the CM stock explosions and smoke and ended up with a compilation of the three. For which I liked in the Italy time periods in CMFI. I'm sure you can find something you enjoy. The explosions graphics must look well with both your AP tank hits and the HE explosions of artillery and guns.

A link to the mods:  https://cmmodsiii.greenasjade.net/

Hope this helps.

I've mentioned in the past that I would love to see some improvements to the visual special effects (seeing T-72 turrets pop off for example) would be great. I also think that more and varied new animations would go a long way to making the game look a bit better as well. 

That said, I highly doubt we are going to see anything like that anytime soon. The graphics as they are are functional, which is how they are intended to be. BFC is a small team and have a lot going on, so they simply do not have the time to devote to beautification. My speculation at least. 

22 hours ago, Combatintman said:

Well to me realism means vaguely like the real thing, hence me asking what your definition of realistic is.  Your first response was another game and your latest response indicates that you actually don't know whereas I have actually seen it first hand.  That's the thrust of it my friend.  I certainly agree that the game's graphics aren't as good as others and there is room for improvement but what we get in terms of wagons brewing up is not overly far off the mark.  If you're citing War Thunder as a source then before we know it people will be asking for 'realistic' hand grenade explosions based on what they've seen in films.  As I have thrown a grenade or two in my time I know that their depiction in Combat Mission is closer to those that I see in films.

Well thanks to the year of 2020, one does not have to participate in actual tank battles to see real hits on tanks. You just have to search on youtube / liveleak /reddit /etc.