Wild animals in the street.

Stratton House Challenge Cup - Current Standings

Warts 'n' all - 6 Points (4 plus 2 for post No. 4)

Vergeltungswaffe - 4 points (Wildlife, 2 Streets, 2. Sadly the Volturno pic falls outside of the competition area). 

Wicky - 0 Points

Sgt. Squarehead - 0 Points

Ales Dvorak - 0 Points

Erwin - Minus 5

Zebra crossing street in France

zebra-crossing.jpg?v=58ac248bd60593b6eb1

Two Americans using unusually low tech transport, France, July 8th 1944. Privates William Jackson and Joseph King of the 1st Infantry Division take advantage of Donkey transport on the Caen to Caumont-Evente road on July the 8th 1944.

donkey.jpg?v=efb416a4a69ac2aba0382875422

Edited by Wicky

First, I knew this competition is rigged. Second, you called my beautiful *khmm* StuFlak Stinkpot, but it could have a name of some wild animal and third, Greyhound is not wild animal,it's domestic dog.

I knew it .....

M10_Wolverine_of_628th_TDs_in_Dreux.jpg.5b921e93e26d8e55a4d67ce450fc7b5f.jpg

M10 Wolverine, Dreux, August 1944

Edited by Ales Dvorak

3 hours ago, Wicky said:

Zebra crossing street in France

zebra-crossing.jpg?v=58ac248bd60593b6eb1

Two Americans using unusually low tech transport, France, July 8th 1944. Privates William Jackson and Joseph King of the 1st Infantry Division take advantage of Donkey transport on the Caen to Caumont-Evente road on July the 8th 1944.

donkey.jpg?v=efb416a4a69ac2aba0382875422

Hahaha. Sadly no point for the top one. Despite it's comedy value. But two points for the other one.

2 hours ago, Ales Dvorak said:

First, I knew this competition is rigged. Second, you called my beautiful *khmm* StuFlak Stinkpot, but it could have a name of some wild animal and third, Greyhound is not wild animal,it's domestic dog.

I knew it .....

M10_Wolverine_of_628th_TDs_in_Dreux.jpg.5b921e93e26d8e55a4d67ce450fc7b5f.jpg

M10 Wolverine, Dreux, August 1944

Rigged? How dare you Sir.

"Stinkpot" is a very old reference to Little Jimmy Osmond and a BBC disc jockey, which I won't bore you with.

Two points for the Wolverine photo. Well done. 

2 hours ago, Ales Dvorak said:

Greyhound is clear evidence of this, Sir.

There are feral greyhounds in the wild, unfortunately, as race dogs are often dumped.

More importantly, Wolverine was NOT the nickname for the M10 until it was made up after the war.  The bureau never gave it a name during WW2, it was just the M10 Tank Destroyer.

The full committee will convene this evening to debate the various disputes, and I would hate to prejudge their findings, especially given the complexity of the Mornington Crescent rules that the competition is using. My own inclinations are as follows...

Greyhound acceptable given as how wild they can get if you try to take away their bone.

M10 in Dreux unacceptable as there is some dispute as to when the nickname Wolverine was coined, and in CMBN is is only used for the M10 used by the Limeys, Canucks and Poles.

Berlin Zoo Tower unacceptable as it falls outside of the playing area. 

Edited by Warts 'n' all

2 minutes ago, Warts 'n' all said:

@Vacilllator You've left it a tad late but you're welcome. Obviously "It's" is not the name of a wild animal. So you might want to try again.

Indeed I have it seems, it's often the way for me with parties.  It's a Puma, thought I was good to go without saying it.  Where can I find the full Mornington Crescent ruleset?

Edited by Vacilllator

6 minutes ago, Vacilllator said:

Indeed I have it seems, it's often the way for me with parties.  It's a Puma, thought I was good to go without saying it.  Where can I find the full Mornington Crescent ruleset?

Two points for the Puma in a Norman street. And I think that given the fact that you are the first to actually ask about Mornington Crescent you might deserve bonus points. "And what do points mean?" "Points mean prizes". As someone with far more talent than myself and his mates often said.