Editing characteristics of armor and ammunition

That is, there is no way to edit the characteristics of weapons and armor? For example, no one succeeded in editing the game's weapon code?
It would be good to change the armor of tanks for playing with AI, because I think, not without reason, that the armor of Russian tanks is incorrectly indicated in the CMBS, not a single tank and infantry ammunition except APFSDS "Grifel" can penetrate the frontal armor of the T-90A

Your question is answered. No, there is currently no way to edit any of that. Also, everyone has their opinion about what each weapons system can do. Personally I strongly suspect what Russia says their equipment can do, and what it can actually do are two very different things... But, I'm sure the designers at Battlefront know more than me. None of their games have ever allowed for that kind of modding.

I would love to see modding tools that allow for this for personal use, but I don't see it happening, maybe in future games/engines. 

• 2 weeks later...

I recall way back, in my old hobby modeling days, whenever there was a survey asking to rank  the most popular military vehicles the top answer was always 'the one not produced as a kit yet'. Before a kit of Centurion came out everyone wanted Centurion. After a kit  was released  interest in it instantly dropped off. That's human nature. Whatever you've got there will always be that other unobtainable thing enticing you. There's a very long list indeed of stuff people have 'demanded' that Battlefront provide. If what they demanded was already in the game they would be 'demanding' something else.

Edited by MikeyD

• 2 weeks later...

On 8/15/2020 at 10:03 AM, BoevoiMuzhichok said:

I hope for your help, comrades
How to edit the characteristics of weapons and equipment?

Welcome aboard!  

Can't get rid of the bolding, so will just say that BFC has NEVER allowed the players to get under the hood of the game when it comes down to weapon characteristics or any other simulation related matters. This was possible with the way older Panzer Elite, and I say this from direct experience on the Panzer Elite Development Group, but nothing that directly affects sim performance can be tweaked in Combat Mission. Since neither exterior appearance nor audio effects fall under that category, you'll find mods for fire, explosions, uniforms, soldier faces, bridges, walls, etc., as far as changes in appearance, and improved sound effects for weapons firing, radio chatter, explosions, aircraft coming or leaving, environmental sounds, etc.

The only way to get the under the hood stuff altered is to thoroughly document the issue and present your argument to BFC, which may or may not change the item. If there's an outright error that's provable, then, resources, including game engine limitations permitting, it'll be patched at some point. There was, for example, a long campaign to change the way turning a towed gun around was modeled and how far and fast certain towed weapons could be pushed or pulled, as fell as how big a Fatigue hit resulted. We've had similar discussions on picking up and carrying a fully assembled MMG or HMG for short distances, correct positioning of the machine gunner on German 250 and 251 series halftracks, how best to model field artillery and mortar lethality vs various AFV types, performance of nation specific ERA, etc.

As far as the T-90A being practically impervious to frontal hits, I can tell you the US Abrams M1A2 SEPV3 is entirely capable of making a one shot K-Kill on the latest model of the T-90, the T-90AM. The only time I've ever seen that not happen in engagements I've had was when the ERA stopped the first shot but not the second. 

Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler

• 2 months later...
13 hours ago, THH149 said:

I just want to point out that I've always enjoyed attacking a death star with my small band of retired pilots with their ancient space craft! Not!

Of course... this and the game potentially descending into farce with opponents not agreeing on what mod versions/stats to use. I think also, Bf prefer to restrict modding capability because of the potential for cheating. It's a pandoras box that's just best not opened, think of the reputational damage and impact on the marketing value of the game - I think that's a wise decision on their part, I wouldn't risk my product (and livelihood) for that! 

On 9/17/2020 at 4:46 PM, John Kettler said:

thoroughly document the issue and present your argument to BFC, which may or may not change the item. If there's an outright error that's provable, then, resources, including game engine limitations permitting, it'll be patched at some point.

Yup, It's clear that Bf apply the most reliable information that they've seen to model performance and attributes. That doesn't mean it's 100% accurate all of the time but it does mean it's going to have to be a source (with compelling evidence) that trumps what Bf have accessed that will persuade a review. See it as an epistemological approach - where's your evidence?    

4 hours ago, The Steppenwulf said:

Of course... this and the game potentially descending into farce with opponents not agreeing on what mod versions/stats to use. I think also, Bf prefer to restrict modding capability because of the potential for cheating. It's a pandoras box that's just best not opened, think of the reputational damage and impact on the marketing value of the game - I think that's a wise decision on their part, I wouldn't risk my product (and livelihood) for that! 

Yup, It's clear that Bf apply the most reliable information that they've seen to model performance and attributes. That doesn't mean it's 100% accurate all of the time but it does mean it's going to have to be a source (with compelling evidence) that trumps what Bf have accessed that will persuade a review. See it as an epistemological approach - where's your evidence?    

Ha, the bold parts are fitting at this moment in time elsewhere...

I agree keep it locked up.

10 hours ago, The Steppenwulf said:

Yup, It's clear that Bf apply the most reliable information that they've seen to model performance and attributes.

This is the crux of the issue isnt it, BF are using data that's acceptable to their military customers and making it available to gamers, that evidence based approach will beat anyones imagination anyday of the week. I wholly endorse the BF approach. Of course strange things happen in battle, and weapon et al performance will always be placed on a bell curve of variation - thats built into the model too.