German Army inaccuracies

Yes, of course, but is the “minimum effective range” 300m or 25m?  That is what is funny: two official sources drawing (apparently) on primary sources using the exact same terminology for hugely divergent values.  The section would appear to be taken from the same source if not for the number divergence.

6 hours ago, StieliAlpha said:

Stupid question: Did you check out „Der Reibert“? Not an official document, but sort of a Bundeswehr Training Handbook, which should help you a little further. In my days almost every soldier owned one.

I didnt but its also not really a training manual more like a faq book for soldiers.

1 hour ago, akd said:

Yes, of course, but is the “minimum effective range” 300m or 25m?  That is what is funny: two official sources drawing (apparently) on primary sources using the exact same terminology for hugely divergent values.  The section would appear to be taken from the same source if not for the number divergence.

To me there is a pattern emerging. the warhead arms somewhere between 25-75m possibly changing between missile versions with the 200m being the doctrinal min range so soldiers dont try to use it too close.

In the barracks I shared my space with someone who had the ATB Milanschütze and I remember talking with him about his course. And what he told me about firing the Milan was that after firing it does take a few seconds until the rocket is center lined and you had to avoid obstacles like fires or trees. I suppose it's initial speed is slower than the average but it would still travel over hundred meters in 2-3 seconds. Could you still fight a closer target? I don't know. Unfortunatly I didn't ask him about minimum range. Other than that I only looked through it's thermal sight so I'm of no help here.

Edited by Beetz