Is it possible to dismount pickups for a scenario?

I am sort of working on a quick platoon sized Afghanistan scenario pitting units of the ANA versus Taliban fighters. I wanted to add a couple of DshK technicals to the force mix on the ANA side; the idea being they're local Afghan police. The thing is I want to get rid of the fighters and replace them with a different crew because it looks silly to have black pyjamas blokes fighting on the ANA side.

But I can't figure how to do that. The dismount button in the editor is greyed out and when I manually dismount the fighters, it won't let me replace them by another unit. I tried different splitting squads and units of different sizes but no luck. What am i doing wrong? I have tried with humvees and it works fine. Can you simply not do that with technicals?

31 minutes ago, Zveroboy1 said:

Oh I see. It is considered a tank crew right. Okay thanks, I will have to forget this idea and do something else instead.

I had similiar issues for awhile until one of the H&E team told me that the regulars have access to Technicals too... and they do.

There's less flexibility with the Regular Technical formations/Single vehicles (and IIRC the Special Forces have access to none) but you can work around it.