Best way to install sound mods

Hi all, now i've been using HQS mod since start, however i found some nice additions of different engine noises, and gun ejecting brass affects, now i initially thought to just to copy and replace the existing sound files from HQS mod but it didn't appear to pick up some of the new sounds i put in (engine idle) , i will keep testing and seeing whats what. but am i missing something with sounds??? lol

bubba.

39 minutes ago, Bubba883XL said:

Hi all, now i've been using HQS mod since start, however i found some nice additions of different engine noises, and gun ejecting brass affects, now i initially thought to just to copy and replace the existing sound files from HQS mod but it didn't appear to pick up some of the new sounds i put in (engine idle) , i will keep testing and seeing whats what. but am i missing something with sounds??? lol

bubba.

What I do is this. Create a folder in the Z folder called sounds. Put Waclaw's HQS sound mod into this in it's entirety. Then create a second folder (in the Z folder) called zzzzzsounds. Into this folder you can drop any additional sound mods as and when you come across them and they will overwrite the HQS sounds. That way if you don't like a particular sound mod (and they often sound different in the game)  you can simply delete it and then it will revert back to Waclaw's sound mod.

Bubba, that will work for any mods, say for example, FJ uniforms. If you have a new mod with 6 textures, and you already have a mod of FJ uniform textures with seven textures in your mod folder,  if you add more z’s in front of the folder with 6 textures, those six will show up as well as one of the textures from the folder with the 7 textures.