Exciting news about Battlefront and Slitherine

Steve in his 2021 greeting said 'CMBS/Steam/Very Soon'. I expect Slitherine's definition of 'very soon' is much quicker than BFC's. It was working with Slitherine on deadline-driven 'government work' that's had the effect of delaying everything else last year. BFC's been busily working away but unfortunately much of it is not for your eyes. But they have gotten into the habit of working to a deadline, which may have positive downstream effects.

5 hours ago, MikeyD said:

Steve in his 2021 greeting said 'CMBS/Steam/Very Soon'. I expect Slitherine's definition of 'very soon' is much quicker than BFC's. It was working with Slitherine on deadline-driven 'government work' that's had the effect of delaying everything else last year. BFC's been busily working away but unfortunately much of it is not for your eyes. But they have gotten into the habit of working to a deadline, which may have positive downstream effects.

😄

Now you're just giving people a false sense of hope 😜🤣

38 minutes ago, Aragorn2002 said:

Did somebody say deadline? 😁

The line has gone dead so it seems. 

I guess there are deadlines and deadlines. There's the type of deadline A: 'if we don't finish this before X, all work will have been for nothing / we'll lose bigtime'.
Or deadline B: 'Let's work towards this date as if it were an actual deadline'.

My experience is that while it is always good to work towards something, requirements change and so does the 'imaginery deadline date (B)'. So I wouldn't get your hopes up too high ;-).

Edited by Lethaface

7 minutes ago, Lethaface said:

The line has gone dead so it seems. 

I guess there are deadlines and deadlines. There's the type of deadline A: 'if we don't finish this before X, all work will have been for nothing / we'll lose bigtime'.
Or deadline B: 'Let's work towards this date as if it were an actual deadline'.

My experience is that while it is always good to work towards something, requirements change and so does the 'imaginery deadline date (B)'. So I wouldn't get your hopes up too high ;-).

Hope springs eternal and I'm hoping the cooperation with Slitherine will have a positive effect on the deadlines of BF.

And it never hurts to stir things up a bit.

49 minutes ago, Aragorn2002 said:

Hope springs eternal and I'm hoping the cooperation with Slitherine will have a positive effect on the deadlines of BF.

And it never hurts to stir things up a bit.

I hope the cooperation with Slitherine will eventually result in more content, quicker. So we don't really disagree conceptually 😉

We do sometimes disagree on the proper vehicle used for communicating our desires ;-).

I for one already expect that BFC is working as hard as they can while keeping things healthy. Don't forget there is actualy people working on the products and in theory people can work 18hours a day for a bit. But that usually doesn't turn out good for long, healthwise and product quality wise.

Plus, improvements on an existing development process which is actually 'in operation' are rather difficult. Usually they'll end up slowing the current development down.  

But indeed everything can be improved, it would be great if over time they can increase their output and who knows the Slitherine deal, Steam integration etc will do for that.

On 1/5/2021 at 3:14 AM, THH149 said:

I was hoping for CMBS for Christmas joy, but no joy, is it really coming to Steam?

Steve said that CMBS is coming to Slitherine / Matrix Games in the near future. I really hope so, I have a coupon to spend on Matrix store and I want to use it on CMBS. I have CMBS and Fire and Rubble on my "next purchases" list. 

4 hours ago, badipaddress said:

Стив сказал, что CMBS появится в Slitherine / Matrix Games в ближайшем будущем. Я очень на это надеюсь, у меня есть купон, который я могу потратить на магазин Matrix, и я хочу использовать его в CMBS. У меня есть CMBS и Fire and Rubble в моем списке «следующих покупок». 

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1502380/Combat_Mission_Black_Sea/

• 1 month later...
33 minutes ago, Majick said:

Apologies if this has been asked elsewhere.

I own every current Combat Misssion game, and have the future ones on order :)

I would like access to them via Steam, is there a way I can get steam activation codes?

There's a dedicated thread in the CMSF-2 board:

How to get your CMSF2 game on Steam - Combat Mission Shock Force 2 - Battlefront.com Community

• 2 months later...