Evade command

I'm playing a PBEM game as the Uncons and the evade command doesn't seem to be working for teams or pick up trucks since the new patch. It works okay for HQs, RPG teams, MG teams etc but not for the regular teams....... Also the US engineer squads don't display the correct icons.

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, IICptMillerII said:

Not sure what you mean by this. I just loaded up CMSF2 patched to the most current version and the evade command works fine. You click on a unit, click the evade command, and they get a move fast movement order, which they then execute when the turn is played. What's the issue?

On further examination I think it could be buildings that are the problem. Both the battles I am fighting at the moment are in cities and troops will not evade if they are in a building but appear to be able to do so if outside. Try that and see if you get the same result and if not I have a saved game if you want it......

On 8/20/2020 at 5:54 AM, Hilts said:

On further examination I think it could be buildings that are the problem. Both the battles I am fighting at the moment are in cities and troops will not evade if they are in a building but appear to be able to do so if outside. Try that and see if you get the same result and if not I have a saved game if you want it......

Well, think about that.  You are already in cover (building) so the place to evade to is going to be highly contextual.

22 hours ago, akd said:

Well, think about that.  You are already in cover (building) so the place to evade to is going to be highly contextual.

Well, in an urban battle it is sometimes necessary to quickly get out of one building and into another, particularly if you are daft enough to be playing as Uncons! This will be difficult to do now especially if your troops are pinned. But whatever, if this is the price to pay for preventing troops from running out into the street like headless chickens, then so be it. Anything is better than how it used to be....

5 minutes ago, Hilts said:

Well, in an urban battle it is sometimes necessary to quickly get out of one building and into another, particularly if you are daft enough to be playing as Uncons!

Then you place a fast move order to the contextually appropriate other building.