Javelin (v2.03) miss rate?

I'm likely overreacting but I can't ever recall a miss rate of >50%. Prior to this patch, a two missile team meant two vehicle kills.

I'm going to give it the benefit of the doubt as my sample size are two ongoing games which were updated mid play.

The TOW-2s seem to be a little wonky too but it's not unusual for them to miss at a 50%+ clip...

I don't think Javelin was monkeyed with at all, its basically the same Javelin we got in CMSF1. So either you're just having an unlucky day or some unrelated change produced an unintended cascading effect that eventually affected Javelin in a '5 degrees of separation from Kevin Bacon' kind'a way.

• 1 month later...

I've also found the Javelin drastically less accurate this patch (2.03), earlier I played Guarding the Far Flank by PBEM, with my opponent and I swapping sides after the first match and we both found the Javelin to have an atrocious hit rate. (6 misses over 2 turns, which was all the ATGMs fired)

Specifically, it seems that the missile fails to drop attack and instead just sails over the target and off the map.

I had this issue in Black Sea earlier. It was the scenario where you attack a Russian AA battery in the middle of the night. I had three javelin teams and I fired every single one of the missiles. All of them missed except one. I had to knock out the remaining Russian vehicles using grenades instead.

5 hours ago, akd said:

Known issue, should be fixed in next version.

Can you describe the known issue? Is it limited to Javelins only? Does it apply to both SF2 and BS titles?

Having the issue and/or correction described might avoid needless posts and save everyone some effort.

On 7/24/2020 at 7:37 AM, BarendJanNL said:

Well, I have to say I experience the likewise problems with the GILL. In testing all went pretty well, but when I played a scenario the Gills were of little use with over 50% miss rate indeed.

I was playing a mission the other day with the GiILLs and they missed 3 shots on a bunker. A bunker! I hate them.

Edited by Anonymous_Jonze

Disheartening after waiting an age for the 'leave good cover when under fire/rout towards the enemy' bug to be fixed only for another major bug to crop up. Hopefully this will be addressed ASAP with a fix rather than set on the back burner while other more minor bugs are identified and then all fixed with a patch months down the line. The other downside of which is the odds of another major bug cropping up again.

For those of us without the NATO module there is still 37mm's excellent Heaven & Earth 'Super-mod' free of Javelins  to keep one occupied until this is fixed.

Edited by AlanSA