What the actual hell is this game?

Wow this thread is still going on? Incredible. 

@slysniper Just now saw your initial post. Thank you for your virtual service! I'm glad your first play through of the "hardest mission" after a hiatus of it went swell. It is exciting to know that your TacAI dealt with the situation completely differently than mine because you know.. not every mission plays exactly the same!

This game has bugs, issues, etc. that are still being found and also pre-existing that still aren't fixed yet, I have played since CMx1 titles so nothing is new to me, I in fact learn from my mistakes or go "Aw shucks, I shouldn't have done that!". What I experienced is most likely a one off TacAI experience that was way out of line of believable and broke my immersion and realism/military simulation feeling of the game or it might in fact be a bug. Either way, it is a video game and we all play for different reasons and enjoy different aspects of the game and I apologize my post tooted your horn wrongly.

Also I am just curious, did you cease fire or did they surrender but as far as I am aware.. if the enemy surrenders it would say they surrendered. Are you sure you did not cease fire early just because you got to where I was and wanted to act better or something? I'd also like to add, it appears you crossed into the open to get to that building without what appears insufficient concealment via smoke and or a base of fire resulting in your casualties.. just a friendly observation!

With your arm chair advice given to me from your post, I will re-evaluate this mission and immediately begin firing on all suspected enemy locations with recon by fire from mission start. 

loloneshotonekill.png