CM Battle for Normandy v4.03 patch has been released

Without knowing more, I think that they are just panicking Tripp’s trying to get away from the mortars. I’ve tested the new TacAI somewhat obsessively and have yet to come across anything truly suspect with the new behavior. However, if you do think it’s a problem, or you see it again, feel free to post a save file. 

Hope it’s just the mortars!

1 hour ago, IICptMillerII said:

Without knowing more, I think that they are just panicking 

The mortars rounds are landing between them and the nearest building, so I think blind panic is the culprit. But I will keep a save file, just in case anyone else has something similar happen. 

On 8/5/2020 at 7:41 PM, IanL said:

There is an issue with the read me - you can just install the 4.03 patch it includes the files needed for the 4.02 patch as well.

I have reported the problem and future patches will have this fixed but they are not going to repackage this round just that.

While you are on it: The sales page of CMBN leads to patch v3.12 only.

• 1 month later...

Very glad to read positive remarks about the v4.03 tactical AI behavior. I haven't played enough to really comment on it myself, other then that the "Foliage Runners" test map no longer shows the weird behavior that was in CMBN v4.01/v4.02 before.

I was in a bit of a limbo with this CMBN issue, where it felt like I needed to keep v3.12, v4.00 and v4.02 at hand to have the best experience for a certain scenario, eventually just playing another CM game instead of CMBN.

But I trust v4.03 has made things right again. :)

• 9 months later...
On 8/7/2020 at 9:40 PM, Vacilllator said:

@StieliAlpha I think this post from @IanL answers your question?

Hi. I have just reinstalled CMBN up to v4.00 with all the add ons.  It works fine.

Now I download the v4.03 patch - there is no v4.01 or v4.02 and following the post from Vacillator I hit 'Activate New Products CMBN'

It reinstalled the whole show (from time taken) and asked for activation key. I supplied the key which came with BattlePack1 and the front page came up as before but still in the bottom right hand corner is v4.00.

Am I running v4.03? If not has anyone a suggestion before I trouble helpdesk ??

5 hours ago, rangerover said:

but still in the bottom right hand corner is v4.00.

Am I running v4.03?

Mine shows 4.03 in the bottom right corner, so it seems your attempt to patch hasn't worked.  I'm not sure about the activation key - IIRC I had a 'CMBN Big Bundle' key not separate ones.  Otherwise I assume everything is pointed at or in the correct folders?

If the problem persists @BFCElvis will sort you out I'm sure - he's very good 😉.

6 hours ago, rangerover said:

Hi. I have just reinstalled CMBN up to v4.00 with all the add ons.  It works fine.

Now I download the v4.03 patch - there is no v4.01 or v4.02 and following the post from Vacillator I hit 'Activate New Products CMBN'

It reinstalled the whole show (from time taken) and asked for activation key. I supplied the key which came with BattlePack1 and the front page came up as before but still in the bottom right hand corner is v4.00.

Am I running v4.03? If not has anyone a suggestion before I trouble helpdesk ??

I can give you more detail on the Help Desk but the short answer would be to use whatever download that you have access to that contains the 4.0 Upgrade. If the game was Game Engine 4 then use that link. If you got Game Engine 4 by purchasing the 4.0 Upgrade then use that link. Whichever one it is will install the entire game. With the new installers you never have to do the step by step installation again. Once installed use the Activate New Products utility and enter all of our keys (it doesn't matter what order you enter them.)

Thank you for your replies.

BCFElvis I have done as you say today but still get v4.00 on the front page bottom right corner.

Here is some more detail, appreciate your help.

On 05/27/2011 I purchased CMBN Engine 1 (CMBN BGV1)  - that's on an old hard drive somewhere.

Then on 12/24/2015 I purchased CMBN Engine 3 Big Bundle (CMBN B4V3)

On 10/15/2018 I upgraded to Upgrade 4 (CMBN UPV4) and CMBN Battle Pack 1 (CMBN P2V4)

I am not quite sure where the downloads originally went but all the files are now in the correct folder [user/john/documents etc] on the same drive as Windows, and also the CMBN Win v403 update.rar file.

What I did this morning is run Activate New Products and used the CMBN UPV4 activate code, then ran again and used all the other codes in turn. Then finally run it one more time to see if it would do the 4.03 update.

I downloaded the patch again and still no update to v4.03.

I am not sure if I really need the patch, the game I have started (MG a man can die but once) is behaving well. But I have a desire to understand what is wrong. 

Could it be my AVG anti virus? - the free version does not have a firewall and it has downloaded the patch file (126626 Kb)

Thanks for your help. 

• 4 months later...
On 8/6/2020 at 11:42 AM, Lethaface said:

I understand your challenge. In your example the 'team' or the 'mg42' are neither feminine or masculine: 'it was discovered' (it = the machinegun). 'They were cut down' (they = the team).

For me the challenge is the other way around, I can never remember all the different rules for je/tu/il/elle/ils/on/nous on verbs in present and past tense, feminine/masculine. 
Mais c'est bien de pratiquer! :)
Even if I had French 4 years in high school. 😅

I do not understand why they do not take gender out of French. But then I am not French, just a French speaker who lives in a Francophone country.

3 hours ago, civdiv said:

I do not understand why they do not take gender out of French. But then I am not French, just a French speaker who lives in a Francophone country.

I like Bahasa Melayu: they use 'dia' for he/she. And there's no past/present/future tense. It's just 'I go to supermarket yesterday/today/tomorrow'. 
Context will make everything clear.

Edited by Lethaface