New patches are now available for all Game Engine 4 titles except......

1 minute ago, Freyberg said:

Thanks for the response :)

I'll probably run the big installer next time I want to play each game, although currently the new CMFI still has my full attention!

All of the patches include all of the patches released for Game Engine 4 EXCEPT CMFI. That needs to have 2.10 before the new patch is applied. The reason that was done differently is because the 2.10 patch was so big we didn't want people that already had the game patched to 2.10 to have to download multi-gig patch again. But all of the other, despite what the reade says, really only require that you have Game Engine 4 installed.

14 hours ago, IanL said:
On 7/19/2020 at 2:18 PM, Bulletpoint said:

Thanks for posting the patch notes. Do you know what kind of inappropriate reaction this one is about?

LOL What @Wicky said the run away to the ground floor too quickly.

I like that they changed that. Aways felt it was a bit too easy just to flush out building defenders like that. Or at least force them to the ground floor where they often would have no LOS.

Thought it was worth mentioning that I tried to replicate the "hedgerow bug" with CMBN yesterday, using the same maps, scenarios and methods as before. All of the tests ended without the squad running forwards into enemy fire.

They also didn't try to evade in the incoming HE fire, instead just dying in place along the hedgerow, but the end result is significantly less frustrating than charging forward into the enemy machine guns.

14 minutes ago, domfluff said:

They also didn't try to evade in the incoming HE fire, instead just dying in place along the hedgerow...

This sounds a little disconcerting :-(

Thou, I can't remember, but are Troops on the MOVE try and evade incoming HE, and not if Troops are Stationary ?

Edited by JoMc67

Well. Evading HE fire was a new feature introduced into Engine 4. I don't think it's a problem if they don't proactively try to evade HE fire whilst in cover. (I honestly don't think it would be a massive problem if they didn't try to evade HE fire *at all*, but that's secondary).

I can't speak for all the facets of the current implementation, and don't know how it applies in all situations, but I can say with some confidence that the specific instance of the "charge into enemy fire" bug that I've been using to test (on the Roadblock map) has now been patched, and the troops don't kill themselves stupidly.

In all the testing I have done with the new patch, the key to good success now is remembering the 4 F's. Find. Fix. Flank. Fire. Gone are the days of Find, Fire, Flee.

Units in good cover will stay there until either very panicked or dead. Under your control, use of the evade button will be key to getting men out of harms way. Under the AI control, if they aren't all dead, plan they are still there and a threat.

7 hours ago, BornGinger said:

I don't find the M24 Chaffee in the list of available tanks and it seems it isn't mentioned in the new version of the Final Blitzkrieg manual. What's the reason for removing this tank?

It's available starting December 1.

So many times the date affects the OOB.

It looks like I came back at at good time.  I was at turn 455 of 500 when my game broke, and the developer after getting my save games tells me he is leaving for vacation.  Given that he is French that means 1 month or 8-10 weeks until a patch.  (Back to CM.)

(1)  I assume that there is nothing mod breaking (my mods are mainly graphics like UI, grid terrain, flames ...)?

(2)  When is this rubble module expected?

(3)  I left a few months ago when I had men who had enough and just felt the need to jump over a wall and test the enemy's aim!  Is that fixed for WWII games?

Thanks.

6 minutes ago, Overwatch said:

I am running CM on my Mac and I don't see a version for it is there one coming or is it included in the newest Big bundle download CMBN

I'm on PC but I think all of the CM2 stuff (if not earlier) and patches included, has Mac versions.  For example the CMBN big bundle patch has the Mac version as the first download file.  Hope I'm helping here...

The new patch really does crush mods, but still I like the new platoon behavior.

CM is acceptable unmodded, but I will miss my gridded terrain!!!  Bil, are you listening?

I don't understand why I can play City Skylines or Transport Fever 2 and get a decent topo map overlay, but not in a war game where it is far more than aesthetics?

Edited by markshot

On 7/31/2020 at 10:38 PM, Vacilllator said:

I'm on PC but I think all of the CM2 stuff (if not earlier) and patches included, has Mac versions.  For example the CMBN big bundle patch has the Mac version as the first download file.  Hope I'm helping here...

On 7/31/2020 at 10:42 PM, Vacilllator said:

No problem good luck and hello to Vancouver, nice place.

Hope you found the Mac versions: they are there! (I'm on a Mac too.)

Not that I'm feeling slighted or anything, but the "Mac" aspect of the Mac files often isn't obvious from what you (me, anyway) can see straight from the download screen ... the PC versions seem to have the magic letters PC early on in their filename, but you have to choose the file that (often) is NOT the PC version and click to download it, to see that it is a "xxxx mac.pkg" (or .dmg) file.

The filenames could be made clearer, perhaps, to aid finding the right version to download ...

Edited by PhilM
typo

• 3 weeks later...