New patches are now available for all Game Engine 4 titles except......

19 minutes ago, Doomed said:

I'm having what the wife would call a senior moment but could someone remind me where the all in one installers are?

Thanks

Such moments are common here too 😀

I believe for the all in one installers you login to your Battlefront account, go to 'My orders' and view the particular game you want to update, it will give you a download link and your activation code.  Or you can just apply the new patch over your old install, worked for me, but I suppose you may have another reason not to.

If the above is not correct I'm sure someone more senior in knowledge will come along and correct me.

21 minutes ago, Doomed said:

I'm having what the wife would call a senior moment but could someone remind me where the all in one installers are?

Thanks

Log-in to your account on battlefront.com > My Account > My Orders > Click to view > Order content sharefile

15 hours ago, c3k said:

In pbem, one player is the "calculating" player. That player should patch his install and then "calculate" the turn.

That info is news to me. I have upgraded as the non calculating player countless times. Can you clarify where that comes from? Perhaps I missed the memo.

Just now, IanL said:

That info is news to me. I have upgraded as the non calculating player countless times. Can you clarify where that comes from? Perhaps I missed the memo.

It seems like you've only partially quoted what I wrote.

I agree, the non-calculating player should upgrade. But the game turn is not upgraded until AFTER the calculating player upgrades and THEN calculates. The receiving player just watches the replay. That can still be the old version, but then he needs to upgrade or else you're back to where you started.

To expand:

One player performs the calculations and sends the resulting turn to the other player. The sender needs to be patched BEFORE calculating, or the sent turn is the old version. The receiver (if unpatched) will not send an updated turn back after watching, once that player becomes the calculating player, if that player is not upgraded. So...both need to be patched. 

Sure, the receiver could wait until after watching the replay to patch, before calculating the next turn, but that just takes us back to step one, where the new receiver (the original sender) is now patched before receiving the turn.

Does that make sense?

The part about how the game calculates the turn does. But I have never heard the requirement that the payer whose machine does the calculation needs to be the one who upgrades. That part makes no sense. The file format of the .ema and .bts files is the file format of the .ema and .bts files. The upgrading is done when when an older .bts file is read by a newer version of the game. The newer version of the game creates the new .ema format and upgrade complete.

Thankfully in this patch older install cannot see the .ema files that come from the newer game so it is difficult to make a mistake by accident.

I didn't install the following three patches, because my version wasn't the one listed in the Version Requirement screen of the installer.

CMFI & CMBN seem to have updated fine. I each case I loaded my most recent saved game and it worked OK.

As for the three below, I thought I was up-to-date with purchased upgrades, although I haven't tried to keep up with free patches. However, I couldn't find a link on this page - https://www.battlefront.com/patches - to bring me up-to-date with version requirements for this current set of patches,

Does this make sense and could BF advise on what to do? 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CMBS Engine 4 (v2.0 through v2.13)

VERSION REQUIREMENT
This v2.13 Patch of Combat Mission: Black Sea requires you to have a working copy of Combat Mission: Black Sea installed and updated to v2.12. It works for both base-game only installs as well as those that have Battle Pack 1.

My version: 2.10

Didn't try to install

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CMFB Engine 4 (v2.0 through v2.03)

VERSION REQUIREMENT
This v2.03 patch of Combat Mission: Final Blitzkrieg requires you to have a working copy of Combat Mission: Final Blitzkrieg v2.02 installed.

My version: 2.00

Didn't try to install

CMSF2 Engine 4 (v2.03)

VERSION REQUIREMENT
This v2.03 patch of Combat Mission: Shock Force 2 requires you to have a working copy of Combat Mission: Shock Force 2 v2.02 installed.

My version: 2.00

Didn't try to install

3 hours ago, Freyberg said:

Does this make sense and could BF advise on what to do?  

Just go to your orders page and download the full installers. They have been updated to include the latest patches.

Edited by Bufo

On 7/17/2020 at 8:55 AM, Vacilllator said:

Such moments are common here too 😀

I believe for the all in one installers you login to your Battlefront account, go to 'My orders' and view the particular game you want to update, it will give you a download link and your activation code.  Or you can just apply the new patch over your old install, worked for me, but I suppose you may have another reason not to.

If the above is not correct I'm sure someone more senior in knowledge will come along and correct me.

Thanks I've found them - for me they were in the V4 Upgrade Bundle and the CMFS2 upgrade orders.

I updated using the patch but I just like to have the full install for backup purposes.

One minor wish for the order page if Battlefront are reading - could it show  a summary of the order -  took a bit of random clicking to find the right ones

4 hours ago, Placebo said:

Great to see BF still supporting the older games. 

Downloading them now 😀 

This was the whole point of a common engine:  all the titles/theaters could be kept up to date in parallel.

In the old days, CMBB basically made CMBO obsolete.

34 minutes ago, Bulletpoint said:

Any patch notes available? Especially for CMBN and CMFB? Checked the website but couldn't find any..

CMBN

v4.03 PATCH NOTES

AI
* Soldiers are more likely to hold their ground and shelter in place when suppressed in defensible terrain (building, hedgerow, etc), rather than engage in evasive behavior

TO&E AND FORMATIONS
* Fixed missing Firefly crews from Canadian and Polish battalions with 5 troops

ART AND MODELS
* Replaced some weapon 2D textures and/or 3D models with improved versions ported from Combat Mission: Final Blitzkrieg

BUG FIXES
* FIXED: Soldiers on upper building floors would inappropriately react to suppression from enemy fire
* FIXED: Infantry under fire seek cover in the direction of the fire (further adjustments from last patch)
* FIXED: Infantry pathing bug caused by adjusting a distant waypoint
* FIXED: High Explosive shells needed to be less effective when impacting in soft terrain (such as mud)

CMFB

v2.03 PATCH NOTES

AI
* Soldiers are more likely to hold their ground and shelter in place when suppressed in defensible terrain (building, hedgerow, etc), rather than engage in evasive behavior

ART AND MODELS
* Fixed some visual glitches on the M3A1 halftrack and M8 HMC

BUG FIXES
* FIXED: Soldiers on upper building floors would inappropriately react to suppression from enemy fire
* FIXED: Infantry under fire seek cover in the direction of the fire (further adjustments from last patch)
* FIXED: Incorrect soldier entrance point location on an independent building

CMFI

v2.11 PATCH NOTES

AI

TO&E AND FORMATIONS
* M24 Chaffee is now available in Quick Battles beginning February 1945 by purchasing the Light Tank Company
* StuH 42 is now available at all proper times as an independent vehicle purchase
* French soldiers now have a chance to carry the M1892 revolver or M1935A pistol instead of the M1911
* Fixed some discrepencies in appearence options for German troops
* Adjustments to the crew counts of the Stuart V Recce and Sherman Kangaroo
* Removed vehicles that were available for Quick Battle purchase in Infantry Only battles
* Found the missing British and Polish motor infantry battalion command staff: the officers had gotten lost again
* Fixed missing Firefly crews from Canadian and Polish battalions with 5 troops

ART AND MODELS
* Corrected placement of French rifle grenade
* Corrected the size of the following weapons: M1917 rifle, Carcano rifle, FN 24/29 LMG
* Corrected some visual glitches for the M5, M5A1, and M9A1 halftracks
* Marder II gunner is now facing the proper direction: forward!
* Fixed Sikh greatcoat texture mapping to face

INTERFACE
* Added some missing UI elements for nations introduced in Rome to Victory

AUDIO
* Resolved issues with voices for nationalities introduced in Rome to Victory.

BUG FIXES
* FIXED: Infantry under fire seek cover in the direction of the fire
* FIXED: Under certain circumstances, building debris would float above the ground
* FIXED: In certain situations, French soldier helmets would disappear when viewed from a great distance
* FIXED: T32 infantry gun's projectile and tracer appearing from wrong location (not the barrel)

1 hour ago, Bulletpoint said:

Thanks for posting the patch notes. Do you know what kind of inappropriate reaction this one is about?

I'm assuming this addresses the tendency to SLOW to ground level ignoring all intermediate floors. This may be fine in a 2-storey (CMBN). Less so when located in buildings higher than 2-storeys (modern).

Otherwise, I dunno.

Good job battlefront! It makes the games that much better. Thanks for that post Wicky. Every time we post a bug they log it, view it, try to replicate it and roll out a fix that doesn't mess other things up. I can't say that is the case for every gaming company out there. Battlefront listens to us. I will try the patches when I have time, enjoying summer and the weather right now.

Weird, when I link to the patches from the main site I can only see the PC patch for download.

Downloaded it anyway just in case they're packaged together, but no, definitely just the .exe

Anyone have direct links to the Mac patches?

Edited by nuzrak

On 7/18/2020 at 1:10 AM, Freyberg said:

I didn't install the following three patches, because my version wasn't the one listed in the Version Requirement screen of the installer.

CMFI & CMBN seem to have updated fine. I each case I loaded my most recent saved game and it worked OK.

I was going to say they should cover it but then I read the patch notes. I see your concern. I recommend logging support ticket to get the official answer and possibly fix the release notes. I did dl the CMBS update and notice that all the brz files are there (210, 211, 212, 213). That means it can patch any version before that just fine. So, I think the release notes are incorrect but do log a ticket just to be sure.

On 7/18/2020 at 4:22 AM, Bufo said:

Just go to your orders page and download the full installers. They have been updated to include the latest patches.

A good workaround if you don't mine a big download.

On 7/19/2020 at 8:18 AM, Bulletpoint said:

Thanks for posting the patch notes. Do you know what kind of inappropriate reaction this one is about?

LOL What @Wicky said the run away to the ground floor too quickly.