New patches are now available for all Game Engine 4 titles except......

We've just released new patches for the following games:

Combat Mission: Battle for Normandy

Combat Mission: Black Sea

Combat Mission: Shock Force 2

Combat Mission: Fortress Italy

Combat Mission: Final Blitzkrieg 

The patch for Red Thunder will come out with the release of the Fire and Rubble module.

The fixes for each game vary. Most are minor bug fixes and TO&E fixes. The one fix that they are share is that infantry is less likely to leave good cover when under fire. Infantry will not rout toward known enemy units.

• BFCElvis pinned and featured this topic
14 minutes ago, Erwin said:

Are the patches included in the "all-in-one" big bundle downloads.  (So may be easier to d/l and install fresh.)

The full installers with the new patches are being uploaded now. But, yes, they will be included in the "all-in-one" installers

18 minutes ago, BarendJanNL said:

I yesterday just started a new game, do I have to start over again after installing the new patch to be able to play with a goodworking Gill and CV90's?

The notes say save games will work if they're saved in the command phase not replay phase.  Probably playing safe, but I checked my important ones were in command phase and it worked for me.

18 minutes ago, BarendJanNL said:

I yesterday just started a new game, do I have to start over again after installing the new patch to be able to play with a goodworking Gill and CV90's?

Normally a patch won't kill an existing game. Before adding the patch save the game in the plot phase. Then apply the patch and opened the saved game. 

Just played it with the newest patch. CV90 munition seems to be working well. Also, most dismounted Dutch troops have radio now. However, I needed 20+ Gills to kill 7 vehicles. The only ones that connected were fired from the high ground, the rest all overshoot unfortunately. Was the Gill for CMSF:2 meant to be that way?

3 minutes ago, BarendJanNL said:

Just played it with the newest patch. CV90 munition seems to be working well. Also, most dismounted Dutch troops have radio now. However, I needed 20+ Gills to kill 7 vehicles. The only ones that connected were fired from the high ground, the rest all overshoot unfortunately. Was the Gill for CMSF:2 meant to be that way?

From the readme file:

"* FIXED: Gill ATGM had an abnormally high miss rate against targets in ideal conditions"

6 minutes ago, Jesser said:

How does installing the patch work for PBEM games?

Do you go through the playback phase, save at set up phase, close out, install patch, and then go back in? Do both players have to do that?

Yes. Both should patch. As your described the one player patches after saving the set up phase. The other player patches and waits to receive the turn.

First, copy your existing install, just in case this goes sideways.  You would then just bring the copy over to its original location, overwriting the patch, if you cannot get this running.

In pbem, one player is the "calculating" player. That player should patch his install and then "calculate" the turn. The other player should also patch. Then, the replay goes out, the next calculation occurs on a patched install, and you're up and running.

Edited by c3k