Upgrade 3 + 4....

Hi guys n gals,

Just reinstalled CMBN on my new PC after many years away in the wilderness. I have a few questions though, after dowloading 3.12 again I noticed I had Upgrade 3 and 4 in my shopping basket too ($10 each), and for the life of me I cant remember what they are? Should I install them again? Also Ive noticed the game engine is now ver 4, but everytime I try to open the RAR file i get the following error mssg 'The file does not have an app associated with it for performing the action....' .Please bear in mind Im not the most tech savy person, so what exactly does that mean? I have 7-Zip, so I take it its not that? 

Cheers for your help. Nice to be back!

33 minutes ago, Erwin said:

It's best to go to MY ACCOUNT and d/l the "all-in-one" d/l to get the latest version.

Where's that? the only downloads I can see are under my 'Orders' and they are the CMBN Engine 3 Big Bundle,from 2014 (which Ive downloaded) and the two upgrades mentioned above. Upgrade 3,seems to be v3.12 and Upgrade 4 surprise surprise is for 4 (but I keep getting that  'The file does not have an app associated with it for performing the action....' error mssg when i try to open it). Im stumped.

Edited by Hoops71

21 minutes ago, Hoops71 said:

Where's that? the only downloads I can see are under my 'Orders' and they are the CMBN Engine 3 Big Bundle,from 2014 (which Ive downloaded) and the two upgrades mentioned above. Upgrade 3,seems to be v3.12 and Upgrade 4 surprise surprise is for 4 (but I keep getting that  'The file does not have an app associated with it for performing the action....' error mssg when i try to open it). Im stumped.

Got it updated to v 4.0 at last! I was over thinking it I think! Thanks for your input Erwin. Ahhh.......v4 seems to have a slew of bugs. Lol I shall persevere!   

On 7/4/2020 at 1:16 AM, Hoops71 said:

Got it updated to v 4.0 at last! I was over thinking it I think! Thanks for your input Erwin. Ahhh.......v4 seems to have a slew of bugs. Lol I shall persevere!   

Hope you kept a copy of V3.12. That one was „highly acclaimed“. Some people still play it.

2 hours ago, Freyr Oakenshield said:

Why is v3.12 preferred by some to v4?

v3.12 was pretty „solid“, though there was certainly room for improvement.The early v4 brought some improvements, but unfortunately, had some glitches, too. I remember, especially that Infantry under fire became very shaky and tended to run away quickly. That was pretty annoying in on-going games, of course. Plus, some infantry-heavy scenarios became almost unplayable.

To a certain extend, this has been fixed in a later v4-Version. Honestly, could not tell the difference now.  But it left a „bad taste“ for some people and I met some, who prefer to play v3.12.