CMBN downloaded from the Apple Store - upgrades patching and user manual....

Hi guys,

I downloaded CMBN v1.10 from the Apple Store last week.   installed well and played a few tutorials and it seemed to all work well.   When I got a PBEM file from my opponent, I have come to a road block.   I have tried to install patch v111 for Macs from the site.   When I reopen CMBN it's still showing v1.10 and I can't see the PBEM file in the Saved games list.   I have also bought Engine 3 and 4 upgrades.   Do I need to keep installing patches for V2, 3 and 4?  Then do I need to run the Upgrade 4??  Also where is an instruction manual for this stuff?   Lookin for some help to get this sorted so I cam play others online via PBEM.

Thanks

Benlore

You might want to contact the battlefront helpdesk for a manual and how to progress moving the game version wise - as the Apple store version is a few years old and might be hamstrung in terms of upgradability.

Edited by Wicky

4 hours ago, Benlore said:

Hi guys,

I downloaded CMBN v1.10 from the Apple Store last week.   installed well and played a few tutorials and it seemed to all work well.   When I got a PBEM file from my opponent, I have come to a road block.   I have tried to install patch v111 for Macs from the site.   When I reopen CMBN it's still showing v1.10 and I can't see the PBEM file in the Saved games list.   I have also bought Engine 3 and 4 upgrades.   Do I need to keep installing patches for V2, 3 and 4?  Then do I need to run the Upgrade 4??  Also where is an instruction manual for this stuff?   Lookin for some help to get this sorted so I cam play others online via PBEM.

Thanks

Benlore

The easiest thing to do is to use the full game installer link from your 4.0 Upgrade purchase. That installs everything. You don't need to add any patches to that.

On 6/14/2020 at 2:53 AM, BFCElvis said:

The easiest thing to do is to use the full game installer link from your 4.0 Upgrade purchase. That installs everything. You don't need to add any patches to that.

Thanks BFCElvis.   So all I need to do is install full 4.0 package.   No license issues with Apple Store conflicts? 

3 hours ago, Benlore said:

Thanks BFCElvis.   So all I need to do is install full 4.0 package.   No license issues with Apple Store conflicts? 

Yes, install the full 4.0 version in the Upgrade link. Then use the Activate New Products utility and enter your 3.0 and 4.0 keys. 

If you ever decide to purchase any modules or Packs you don't have to install anything. Just use that utility and enter the key that comes with the purchase to "unlock" the content.