CMBO Birthday Greetings!

A "game changing" release in that it revolutionized tactical wargaming.  And saved many of us hundreds, perhaps thousands of $ from not having to buy any more substandard wargames that only stayed on our HD's for a few days/weeks.  (Installed easily as well... lol)

More importantly...THANK YOU for supporting CM on Macs for so long...yes Macs have always been less than supported by the larger game community but Battlefront has been steadfast in supporting Mac even when Apple screwed them over a couple of times...yes I've been here all 20 years and remember when Apple abandoned Quickdraw for OpenGL so the old CM games don't work on OS X and when Apple broke their Mavericks OS X and forced BFC to do an emergency patch to CMSF 1...

SO THANKS THANKS...CM series is the ONLY game on my Mac for almost 10 years now...

9 hours ago, Marwek77 aka Red Reporter said:

I have almost all of your games and still remember the CMBO DEMO where my CM journey started.

Same here.

Thank you Battlefront for 20 years of great gaming experience. For me CM is one of the best ( and the only game I play :) ).

20 years? Wov, time flies.

Happy 20th birthday CM.

A

Hi all, I have the PC versions of CM1 CDs of Beyond Overlord, Barbarossa to Berlin and Africa Korps, right now in my garage in a box.  Only problem is I want to get back into these games but now have an iMac.   Does anyone know if the originals cover both PC and Mac installs?   Or do I need to go hunting for an old CM1 Mac CD or just simply buy the latest CMBN for Mac?

13 minutes ago, Benlore said:

Hi all, I have the PC versions of CM1 CDs of Beyond Overlord, Barbarossa to Berlin and Africa Korps, right now in my garage in a box.  Only problem is I want to get back into these games but now have an iMac.   Does anyone know if the originals cover both PC and Mac installs?   Or do I need to go hunting for an old CM1 Mac CD or just simply buy the latest CMBN for Mac?

There are separate installers for Mac and PC (not on the same disk). You also need OS 9 (Mac) to run this game. Maybe you should try CMBN ....or FI ...or RT ... etc.

2 hours ago, Benlore said:

Hi, sadly the old CMBO, CMBB, and CMAK will not run natively on OS X...you would either need to get an OLD Mac that has OS 9 or get some sort of emulator.

A colleague of mine brought CM:BO to my attention late 2001 if I would have to guess. Played all instalments since although I do not have the time anymore for anything near regular play. Congrats on the milestone and thanks for letting me waist countless hours on it!

Congratulations BattleFront!   Many hrs Ive spent with the Combat Mission series and if you include earlier WGs like Flight Commander-2, Over the Reich and Achtung Spitfire -that still play occassionly-  Oh my where has the time gone! :)

For me CMBO  was a game changer because for the first time it was possible to look around from ground level and  see the war-game's battlefield as a soldier would. The map topography, vegetation,  ground textures, etc were no longer an abstraction. Top down hex-based terrain WG boards were never the same again.   -pag7

Congratulations! That's quite a feat, but CM is quite a game, and still the best out there in the genre. I believe that CM still has much more realization to go especially on the real time end so I guess we can keep team Battlefront busy for another 20 yrs. I still look froward to playing co-op real time with multiple players someday where each player controls a platoon. Really, I think the concepts, and potential of CM has just scratched the surface. Salute to team Battlefront, and 20 more years!

On 6/2/2020 at 2:36 PM, Benlore said:

Try „www.old-games.com“ . I believe, I saw them there the other day.