How to make the 57mm AT gun shoot APDS?

In CMFB, I'm playing around a bit with the 57mm AT gun VS Panthers.

But I am nearly unable to make the gun fire its APDS ammo. The Panther is coming straight towards the gun, and I tried firing at various distances. The gun keeps using regular AP ammo, which has no effect. Only when the tank got closer than 190m, the gun fired one single APDS, which penetrated the hull, but then it kept firing more regular AP.

It has 22 APDS shells available. The crew is regular, +1 motivation, in close contact with HQ.

So, why isn't it using it? Any ideas?

Edited by Bulletpoint

22 minutes ago, Badger73 said:

What happens when you specify a "Target Armor" arc at the direction of the enemy threat?

The same. I tried it. Also there's no difference if I set a manual target order or not.

I also tried changing troop experience to elite, and to give them +2 leaders. Same results: They fire APDS extremely rarely. Mostly when they run out of regular AP. And even then, they seem to be just as likely to shoot regular HE at the tank as APDS.

It's like they don't realise it's a good anti-tank round.

Edited by Bulletpoint