Fire and Rubble DAR: BFCElvis vs Ithikial_AU - Soviet Side

I decide to move a squad to the wall at the park to try and catch any infantry trying to come across the opening that the MArk IV just retreated through. As I'm doing it my f#$*&I^% CAS decides to drop a bomb right where I'm running taking out 2 men. 

He has a few units along a hedge in the park. I am picking some off one at a time.

13_1.jpg

13_2.jpg

13_3.jpg

It's probably worth noting that while all of this has been going on I've a lot of big explosions coming from these buildings. Upon closer looks I can tell he is advancing through the buildings with demo charges. I don't do anything about it because by the time he is finished he'll be up against an unbeatable defense of Jagermeister. 

12_3.jpg

12_1.jpg

12_2.jpg

Since it may be difficult to tell....This is the street that the SMG Company was originally set up defending. He has begun to move some Volks across that street. I'v taken out at least 2 of them with sniper fire and most turn and run back the direction that they came from.

12_4.jpg

The arty is falling around Berliner Weisse. Almost time for the human wave. Air support comes in and harrasses him a little but I don't think it does any harm.

YES!!!!! He comes right into the OT-34's sights!!!!!!!!! Please please please please please let me get the first shot.

11_2.jpg

11_4.jpg

This is an odd development. He's taken his Panzer IV near Berliner Weisse and begun to move down toward Jagermeister! That is one less thing to worry about on my suicide attempt human wave. 

My aircraft is still dropping bombs. It dropped a dandy of an explosion here. I have no LOS to the spot so I don't have any idea what it was targeting. 

10_1.jpg

10_5.jpg

I send some broken guys to run wildly in the open. The hope is that they will draw the attention of the Panther for a bit and maybe buy a man or 2 some extra time before killing them.

Man what I wouldn't give to still have an OT-34 or 2 around for this.

10_2.jpg

The wave happened yesterday. My next post will be a video. So it may take a little bit while I put it together. Here are a couple of quotes that Ithikial sent me via PM

I must admit it was a hell of a shock. I generally first sit back and just watch the whole map from the distance to see the blinky orange lights. Seeing the flood of green circles appear did lead to me almost spitting out my drink over my monitor.  🙂 

Permission to record that one as a video to post as an update?

Sorry to be so slow. I have been distracted big time by Battlefront stuff for the last week. The last few days in particular have been nuts. If you don't own CMSF2 you won't care about what I've been up to but if you do you will. 🙂

Golf with Peng tomorrow which usually means that I cry the rest of my day away in front of a computer (not because of him beating me...he never does...but because we bring shame to the game) . With any luck that time will be spent making a video.

On 8/15/2020 at 2:34 AM, BFCElvis said:

Sorry to be so slow. I have been distracted big time by Battlefront stuff for the last week. The last few days in particular have been nuts. If you don't own CMSF2 you won't care about what I've been up to but if you do you will. 🙂

Golf with Peng tomorrow which usually means that I cry the rest of my day away in front of a computer (not because of him beating me...he never does...but because we bring shame to the game) . With any luck that time will be spent making a video.

Have fun you deserved it and is good and healhy to disconnect sometime...

Edited by 3j2m7