Fire and Rubble DAR: BFCElvis vs Ithikial_AU - Soviet Side

They are doing a swell job of ripping up my SMG squads. He even has the guts to bring the Mark IV right up to me. If I had Panzerfausts he'd be a goner. I gotta do something desperate myself or there won't be anything left. So I break off a Sapper team and order them to do a mad dash and see if I can get a demo charge on the thing. VERY low percentage move but I have few options. I should pull back the SMGs but, between half of them being so banged up that I can't issue them orders and my desire to not give up the ground that he's trying to take, they remain in place for now.  I also order an AT Rifle team to take one of their peashooters and get into a nearby building. I issue is a 360 degree armor covered arc so that nothing else will distract them. 

43_1 - Copy.jpg

43_2 - Copy.jpg

What else is going on? I need some armor down near Jagermeister. So I'm pulling the Sherman near Berliner Weisse down. I have found a way to bring vehicles and infantry past the opening of the Street of Death and avoid being kilt. 

I have decided to move 6th Companies SMG Platoon over to support my depleted SMG Company. It's the first part of that reserve company that I have commited. 

42_5.jpg

42_6.jpg

Elvis, you have smoke capabilities with any of your squads, for example those Sappers? Prolly too late, but in desperation I would have lobbed smoke at the Mark IV and close assaulted with a couple of squads.  Costly, but likely to have taken out the tank.

1 hour ago, mjkerner said:

Elvis, you have smoke capabilities with any of your squads, for example those Sappers? Prolly too late, but in desperation I would have lobbed smoke at the Mark IV and close assaulted with a couple of squads.  Costly, but likely to have taken out the tank.

Nope. I have some with my mortars and the Sherman has 4 smoke rounds left. 

Does the situation allow for you to drop your forward SMG units just behind the building line out of current enemy LOS without being interdicted from somewhere else? If so, what about dropping your front line just behind the building line and distributing them to point blank engage any infantry trying to enter their buildings, while having grenade teams stationed at tank entry points ready to knock out any tanks that pull through the alleys (out of LOS course, so that they get the first attack as the tank passes through at a right angle to them). Your second line (where the sapper came from) could provide additional overwatch for any enemy infantry coming through.

Assuming the overall situation allows for it, it might be worth a shot. You'd be letting the enemy in the door, but for the purpose of knocking him out at PB range with your SMG advantage and ability to use grenades against his tanks.

Just a thought. However, maybe those independent buildings and rubble make it too risky due to pathfinding. It might work a treat with modular buildings and clear front and rear exits, though.

Edited by Macisle

I have been trying to pull back. This screenshot may show some of it. The is what's left of a squad and an HQ unit that are already behind the buildings. You'll see some in the buildings are dim and can't accept orders. This was taken at the end of a turn so I couldn't issue orders to those units. The next turn it may be others. They're getting pretty roughed up. 

42_7.jpg

Remember that very naughty guy that kilt a T34-85 with a Panzerschreck up around Berliner Weisse? He paid the ultimate price but I've been wondering if his buddy from the screck team was still around doing a little buddy aid. I never spotted anyone and I didn't want to waste ammo on area firing. Well, it looks like his buddy got a hold of it and is taking aim at one of my OT-34s. 

41_1.jpg

27 minutes ago, jtsjc1 said:

Nice Elvis!  Now you can move the OT-34 without eating a Psk round. I'd be riding that around just looking for something to cook.😎

I'm afraid of fausts and schrecks. But I'm going to need to make a boy or a girl out of this situation soon and that might be the way that I have to do it. 

What's the approximate range of the FT?  I'd use the CMG to keep their heads down and burn them out of the buildings. I don't think your opponents armor will be much of a threat to you so like you say the biggest threat is PF and Schrecks. Easier said than done I know.

I really really really really really really really really want to get rid of that Mark IV that has pretty much finished of my SMG Company. I ran what was left of the Sapper team from the failed close assault (1 man. 2 demo charges) into the building next to the tank. I hope to get close to it by coming through the wall with 1 demo charge and taking it out with the other.

40_1.jpg

40_2.jpg