Screenshot problem

wham

I wasn't able to find a discussion of this on the forums, so...

Am I the only one encountering a persistent issue with CM2 games (Black Sea and Final Blitzkrieg specifically) where attempting to take a screenshot of the game almost always fails? For example, I might zoom into a unit and take a screenshot (either pressing Print Screen or Alt+Print Screen on my keyboard), but when I paste the screenshot into an editor I have an image of the games main menu or the mission briefing screen on my clipboard instead. Alt-tabbing in and out of the game a few times occasionally allows me to take a single screenshot, but if I move the camera around, I keep getting the same screenshot over and over again.

Yup, can be worked around. I use the Nvidia capture tools for the same effect, but it still seems weird to me to see a game produce a screenshot from several minutes ago in time, so I was curious to know if others are seeing the same effect, or if it might just be something to do with my rig.

9 hours ago, wham said:

I wasn't able to find a discussion of this on the forums, so...

Am I the only one encountering a persistent issue with CM2 games (Black Sea and Final Blitzkrieg specifically) where attempting to take a screenshot of the game almost always fails? For example, I might zoom into a unit and take a screenshot (either pressing Print Screen or Alt+Print Screen on my keyboard), but when I paste the screenshot into an editor I have an image of the games main menu or the mission briefing screen on my clipboard instead. Alt-tabbing in and out of the game a few times occasionally allows me to take a single screenshot, but if I move the camera around, I keep getting the same screenshot over and over again.

I use fraps and then crop in Picassa.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/22/2020 at 7:48 PM, BFCElvis said:

I use Ctrl-PrtSc and then Paste it into the stock version of Paint and never get what you're seeing.

That's interesting. I seem to recall having done that in the past myself with no issue, so currently my best guess is some combination of graphics hardware and driver.