Cheating method in quick battle

1. Buy:
a) infantry with highest quality settings (elite, leadership +2, fantatic, fit);
b) expensive tanks (for example king tigers) with lowest quality settings.
2. Disembark tanks crews and hide them somewhere (or use as scouts xD).
3. Divide infantry teams to squads (5 soldiers) and put them on the tanks.
4. After short moment they will go inside the empty tanks.
5. Remember to close hatchets (to hide the new commanders with helmets instead of Schirmmütze - that's how I realized).

Result: elite +2 fanatic king tigers for half price.

Current opponent units: about two platoons (don't know exactly yet) of elite (he admited it) king tigers, scout units and artillery.
My units: 5x SU-85 veteran, 2x 45mm AT gun regular, 2x 57mm AT gun regular, two platoons SMG veteran, 2x ATR regular, foxholes.
Map: Angriff.
What are my chances? xD

Battlefront please do something with it in the next module/patch.

This is not a big deal,have an upfront agreement not to do this, anyone who would (take advantage of this is ) to begin with is a moron, it would easily be found out at the end of the game when you see the tank crews bailed out and hiding in the back , or if you see them scouting? game is VOIDED, will you play him again? no.

Two more weird things, which my hotseat opponent used against me in the past:
1. in Red Thunder you can set lowest quality settings for a bunker to get it cheaper (doesn't work in Battle for Normandy);
2. in Battle for Normandy sherman firefly vc couldn't destroy german concrete bunker (old tests: 1x bunker vs 3x shermans, less than 200 m - shooting out whole ammo made no efect multiple times);

Ad. 2: I didn't tested other shermans and other 75/76 mm allied guns, because we just banned bunkers for our games in CMBN. According to my opponent's tests - the same bunker was vulnerable to smaller caliber allied guns. And of course was vulnerable to bigger guns (german 88 mm in german vs german game).
Today tests (less than 200 m):
2x firefly against 1x bunker, 3x typical soldiers inside, 3 tests - 3 times it took about 15 min. to kill them/make them go out;
2x firefly against 1x bunker, full of elite, fanatic, +2 soldiers, 1 test - 1 time literally no effect, end of shermans ammuntion;
2x stuart against 1x bunker, full of elite, fanatic, +2 soldiers, 2 tests - 2 times it took about 5 min. to kill them all/destroy the bunker;
So it's still very hard for shermans, too hard in my opinion, what do you think?

On 5/9/2020 at 7:59 AM, Erwin said:

Boy oh boy...  That's bad...

...Actually, many have been asking for the recrew ability.  So maybe enjoy playing with the new feature b4 it gets removed...  B)

FWIW:  I tried this in CMFB with a SdKfz 250 HT which had lost its crew.  When no crew, I can load inf onto it and it drives, but it can't use its gun.  Other vehicles like the AA vehicles, if you disembark its crew and embark an inf team the vehicle is still "disembarked" and one cannot even drive it.  

It's strange cos some vehicles with dedicated crews seem to have acquirable ammo.  But, if the crew is disembarked and an inf team embarked, they can't acquire anything.  So, it all seems rather hodgepodge.

As it was some 20 years ago my memory is dim, but I  remember that when I was in cases ladder it became known that people could stop tanks from being hit? My memory is vague and a quick google failed to jog it.

Anyway people will always seek an edge and for some cross the line of what is acceptable. 

I will have a further Google at some stage, the trouble is if I  go to sleep I will forget today, so 20 years ago is a tough proposition. 

🙄

50 minutes ago, Holien said:

...some 20 years ago... people could stop tanks from being hit?

20 years ago would have been CM1 as CMSF (the first CM2 release) came out in 2007. 

In CM2, a common trick (esp used by cunning/sadistic designers) is to place an AFV directly behind a tree.  As we all know, due to the way CM2 LOS and targeting works, all fire will hit the indestructible tree and the AFV will be unharmed.  In CMBS's "AD Bradley Speedbump" I had 4 or 5 BTR's firing 30mm(?) at a Bradley that was positioned thusly behind a tree for several minutes.  The Bradley eventually killed all of the BTR's.  Afterwards. when I examined the Bradley, it had not been scratched.  (And the tree was fine as well for all you eco-warriors out there.) 

I thought that trees were destructible in CM2, but I cannot ever recall seeing one go down.

Yes in cm2, position the unit behind the tree just right and the woods become a great defense.

But when playing against someone using such a tactic, you just need to make sure you have units attack from angles that remove the tree as a defense.

But yes, it is a common practice out there.

I will take that issue over the cmX1 issue where you could stack armor one behind the other to get a great advantage, it made for very unrealistic tactics.

I think that is the reason now, you see the round go through multi units, which in truth would likely never happen.

So CMX3 will likely make sure that tree issue never happens - BF does not like cheats.

CM-Final-Blitzkrieg-2020-05-16-01-10-06.

- It seems the bug is limited to tanks with infantry ride capability

- while you can bring in soldiers/other crews into the tank in the scenario editor aswell, they reset once you leave the editor deployment mode.

- this bug works for all scenarios involving these tanks when done in the setup phase. So if for some reason you ever wished to operate your tanks with infantry this might be your opportunity before it will be fixed. Once the scenario commences it is not possible anymore.

- trees are destructible

Edited by Aquila-SmartWargames