I use a game controller to play CM

Massively playing CM and being a wego follower, I spend a lot of time watching the actions at ground level,
This practice requires a lot of mouse and I started to suffer from a tennis-elbow which required physiotherapist sessions !!
The situation got worse at a point where I even asked myself the question: should I continue playing at CM?
I tested an ergonomic mouse, a special mat, nothing helped.
Then I had the idea of using a game controller
I downloaded the free JoyToKey program, bought a game controller for pc and was able to indulge in my vice without suffering
Even if you do not suffer from pathology, the paddle is particularly practical for "flying" over the battlefield.
The advantage is that you can assign any key to your taste to the game controller and you can continue to use the keyboard and the mouse which remains necessary.

200508021519342675.jpg

paddle setting page

Edited by Falaise

Sorry, but I have no idea, what a paddle is - if it is not a thing you use for propelling a canoe forward?

A Google search tells that there was an Atari "paddle" back in the seventies. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paddle_(game_controller)

I can´t imagine that you are talking about that?

Edit:
I  think I may have figured it out. Is it a game controller for a Play Station?

Edited by umlaut

Il y a 16 minutes, le tréma a déclaré:

Je pense que je l'ai peut-être compris. Est-ce un contrôleur de jeu pour une Play Station?

oui, je modifie, merci tréma

surprisingly in france we call  controller: paddle
I didn't even check the meaning in English

Edited by Falaise

Am surprised that this has been a problem.  Have you tried mousepads with a gel wrist support?  eg:  https://www.amazon.com/Belkin-WaveRest-Mouse-Black-F8E262-BLK/dp/B00000JRRD

Also, set the mouse to highest sensitivity so that you do not have to move the mouse more than a few mm to get to where you need.  I recommend Logitec G502 Proteus Spectrum as it's very accurate and am not moving it more than within a 1 inch circle to get the pointer anyplace it needs to go.

yes i have a mousepads like that
I wanted to use a Roller mouse or change the mouse setting but my wife didn't want it.🙄
the advantage of the controller is that during the cinematic you feel like flying a drone on the battlefield.

15 hours ago, benpark said:

Voice commands may help. You could program the heights, but not the camera pans. All orders can be given via voice.

yes i saw your post very interesting
but the computer is in the living room like television
so can't be used three-quarters of the time

imo, there shouldn't be frequent reason to move your wrist in any case if your mouse is sensitive enuff. Shouldn't have to move the mouse more than a a couple centimeters to get the pointed from the left to the right screen edges.