Second Front (MicroProse)

Second Front

Interesting title, it's the best visual representation of ASL I have seen. I like the style, it kind of works for a hex based game like ASL that can't be fully realistic looking in the first place. Sadly no multiplayer support listed yet, hopefully in the future though :)

https://www.secondfront.games/

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1148490/Second_Front/

Edited by ratdeath

2 hours ago, ratdeath said:

Very nice I love it, I was just saying to @Bud Backer to try to comment his booklet in a cartoon way and this perfect...

No problem with graphics card... (just kidding). !!

Edited by 3j2m7

They are clearly aiming at the Combat Mission market and a huge threat to CM2.   And it's turn-based!   What will they think of next? 

Oh yes... You can play the whole war on western or eastern front (no waiting years for modules)... and ...  it has trains!!!!!    Is this the end of the line for BF????  B)

Second Front is the tactical WWII game that genre enthusiasts always wanted and never really got. Sporting a full-fledged 3D engine and an easy to use user interface, the game is easy to play but hard to master. Why is that?

Because Second Front is a project born from the developers’ passion and experience with realistic and deep tabletop tactical board games.

Edited by Erwin

beside the somewhat confusing name (reminds me of SSI´s Grigsby Second Front of the past) it more looks like wargaming for kids. Wouldn´t say this title can´t be entertaining or has its qualities, but don´t think it will get more my attention, even when gifted. Yet I enjoyed countless hours with i.e Gunship or Pirates and others. Last title I had high hopes was 1944 Across the Rhine which turned out very disappointing. Somehow think it was bits ahead of the time so maybe a 2020 remake would do better? At least that would interest me way more than the new stuff in the works.