LOADING CM2 "ALL IN ONE" BIG BUNDLES

I installed CMRT 1.03 installation and got that to work (got to menu and such). Then installed the engine upgrade and activated it. No go after that. Not even when uninstalling and re-installing that plain 1.03 installer again. 

Installed now CMBN 3.12 full install. It takes my CM engine 3 serial and CF+MG serials. Gives splash screen and quits. Does not take original CMBN key (engine 1).

This is the most borked copy protection in recent history...tho there has been some others... 😀 But this is freakin annoying. 🤬 Oh well, there are plenty of other games to play.

7 hours ago, Schrullenhaft said:

Do you know what software is loading up on boot with your current Windows 10 computer ?

The new Win 10 machine is totally virgin.  The only factory installed stuff that was installed prior to my attempts to get CM2 working:  MS Office Home & Biz 2019; Google Chrome; Firefox; Acrobat Reader; Defender Antivirus - plus of course the Win 7 UI.   I can check to see if there is anything else am unaware of, but that should be it.  (Am still using my Win 7 machine to work and communicate here.)

I vaguely recall when installing games on my (at the time new) Win 7 machine some years ago we had a similar problem that was caused by the AVG and one had to have it make exceptions.  But, I have not loaded any new security on the new Win 10 machine.

Edited by Erwin

Sardaukar - a CMBN 3.12 full install probably will NOT take a CMBN (1.0 Engine) license key. It most likely needs the 2.0 Upgrade license key to run (in addition to the 3.0, CF & MG license keys).

As for CMRT, are you installing to a custom directory or the default location ? If you're using a custom directory, is the 4.0 Upgrade being pointed to the exact directory that the CMRT executable is in ? If Windows is not reinstalled (especially 'from scratch') and no major hardware changes have been made to the system, then a license key should remain activated on a computer. The CMRT 1.03 should remain activated ('Base Game' license key), so a reinstallation should have worked. Did you uninstall and possibly delete the original directory that CMRT was installed to ? There will be the main game directory and there will also be a directory within your User folder's Documents folder that holds scenarios, campaigns and config files. These should NOT prevent the running of CMRT to my knowledge. Have you tried running the game by right-clicking and selecting "Run as administrator" from the popup menu ? Also, after activating the license keys and exiting, check to see if the game executable is running in the background (Ctrl-Alt-Del > Task Manager > Process tab > look for 'CM Red Thunder (32 bit)' in the Background processes and end it if you see it).

Also, if you have security software installed you may want to temporarily disable it during installation, activation and initial running of the game (in case it is interfering at any time). Once the game is running as you expect it to, then re-enable the security software and possibly add an exception within in it for the CM games.