Why wont This Tiger Fire?

@weapon2010 hard to say.  My first guess would be the Tiger commander sitting higher up can see the Sherman since the Tiger does have a confirmed contact marker.  Maybe the gunner, sitting lower, does not have line of fire?  I notice in the status block the gunner stays at spotting, never going to aiming.   

I've run into instances where the unbuttoned commander had LOS but the gunner deeper in the hull doesn't. Its readily apparent in T-34-76 where the commander and gunner are the same guy. When he's topside he spots the target, when he slides into the gunner's seat he can't, then he pops up again and can see that target again.

26 minutes ago, MOS:96B2P said:

I notice in the status block the gunner stays at spotting, never going to aiming.   

they are all still at spotting at the end of the turn , which does not make sense because someone yelled at "Panzer", its spotted, unless they lost sight of it, but  it should go back to a generic tank marker

1 minute ago, weapon2010 said:

they are all still at spotting at the end of the turn , which does not make sense because someone yelled at "Panzer", its spotted, unless they lost sight of it, but  it should go back to a generic tank marker

Yep.  The tank commander, sitting the highest, gets the spot and yells "Panzer".  The gunner, sitting lower, probably does not have line of fire.  I mentioned the status block "spotting" since that is kind of the default mode for them.  If they're not driving, firing etc. they are spotting.  If the gunner had LOF he would have at least gone to aiming (I think).  Then after that hopefully to firing.  Since the gunner never aimed but the tank had a confirmed contact I suspect the gunner had no LOF while the TC had LOS.  Or I could be wrong ........... 😎        

1 hour ago, MOS:96B2P said:

My first guess would be the Tiger commander sitting higher up can see the Sherman since the Tiger does have a confirmed contact marker.  Maybe the gunner, sitting lower, does not have line of fire?  I notice in the status block the gunner stays at spotting, never going to aiming.   

Just because the commander can see it, doesn't mean the gunner can.

If you use the Target command I bet you a million dollars it will say, "Reverse Slope, No Aim Point" or some other such inability.

24 minutes ago, weapon2010 said:

even more confounding , the sherman is not firing at the Tiger

Most likely the Sherman has not spotted you, or has the same problem you do.

Just move forward about 20 meters and this problem will solve itself.

Maybe you ought to narrow down that Cover Armor Arc while you do.