Fallschrirmjager Uniform for theatre

If there are say five variations of a uniform, each a different color, Black, Red, Pink, Green, Orange, and you wanted all uniforms to be Orange, you'd make four copies of the Orange uniform and give them the names of the Red, Black, Pink, Green files.

EX: You really like tropical uniform 2

smod_german_lw_para-tropical_soldier_uniform 2

you make four copies and make one "smod_german_lw_para-tropical_soldier_uniform"  "smod_german_lw_para-tropical_soldier_uniform 3" 4, then 5.

There are five variations in the mod you down loaded. Now lets say you found another mod and liked that one just as much. You could rename those files and add them to the one you are using. Ez's FJ unis end at #5 so you'd rename the new mod sequentially "smod_german_lw_para-tropical_soldier_uniform 6"  "smod_german_lw_para-tropical_soldier_uniform 7"   "smod_german_lw_para-tropical_soldier_uniform 8"  without the quotes of course. Then you can use all of them from both mods.

One thing to always keep in mind is the numbering, some files don't use the number 1, like the para unis they start at "smod_german_lw_para-tropical_soldier_uniform" then jump to "smod_german_lw_para-tropical_soldier_uniform 2". There's no hard and fast rule so just pay attention to the files you dl and you'll start to catch on. If you are on Windows I highly recommend exploding the brz files and exploring them some time down the road. You'll learn a lot from them.

Mord.

O-k, I'm even more confused now, lol the uniforms now change per time of year and month? wow... impressive, but what a pain in the ass lol..... that means now, for one unit your gona need several mods for all the different changes....WTH...lol

5 minutes ago, Mord said:

If there are say five variations of a uniform, each a different color, Black, Red, Pink, Green, Orange, and you wanted all uniforms to be Orange, you'd make four copies of the Orange uniform and give them the names of the Red, Black, Pink, Green files.

EX: You really like tropical uniform 2

smod_german_lw_para-tropical_soldier_uniform 2

you make four copies and make one "smod_german_lw_para-tropical_soldier_uniform"  "smod_german_lw_para-tropical_soldier_uniform 3" 4, then 5.

There are five variations in the mod you down loaded. Now lets say you found another mod and liked that one just as much. You could rename those files and add them to the one you are using. Ez's FJ unis end at #5 so you'd rename the new mod sequentially "smod_german_lw_para-tropical_soldier_uniform 6"  "smod_german_lw_para-tropical_soldier_uniform 7"   "smod_german_lw_para-tropical_soldier_uniform 8"  without the quotes of course. Then you can use all of them from both mods.

One thing to always keep in mind is the numbering, some files don't use the number 1, like the para unis they start at "smod_german_lw_para-tropical_soldier_uniform" then jump to "smod_german_lw_para-tropical_soldier_uniform 2". There's no hard and fast rule so just pay attention to the files you dl and you'll start to catch on. If you are on Windows I highly recommend exploding the brz files and exploring them some time down the road. You'll learn a lot from them.

Mord.

excellent thats what i was hoping...altho...im confused as the mod i've tried works in mid year on 43, but is lost to the default at early or later in year so far testing show.

Seasonal mods should show a bracketed mod tag on the end of the file name. So if you wanted to use the same uniforms you just down loaded in the fall or winter you'd make copies of each bmp and add the mod tag to the file name. Mod tags may not have been in vogue when EZ made that mod or he didn't bother with them.

Winter version is:

smod_german_lw_para-tropical_soldier_uniform [snow]                  smod_german_lw_para-tropical_soldier_uniform 2 [snow] etc. Those only show when there is snow on the ground.

I am not sure what autumn is.

It might be     smod_german_lw_para-tropical_soldier_uniform [autumn]    or     smod_german_lw_para-tropical_soldier_uniform [fall]

Vein did a winter set for all the German FI stuff up to the GL module.

Somebody had a list of all the hardcoded mod tags but I don't know where it is off hand. I am on my older computer and don't have access to my brz folders so can't tell you much more about them.

Mord.

Here's his Italian stuff

http://cmmodsiii.greenasjade.net/?p=1923

Here's a link to some of his FI winter and tropical Mods. I'm not gonna leave it up for long so grab it now while you can.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/m4qbbg5wq4qzni8/Vein%27s_FI_German_Uniforms.zip/file

You can tag him and he'll pop by and give you a link to all his mods.

Mord.

8 minutes ago, Bubba883XL said:

I am truly grateful for your knowledge and help. thank you. has been an eye opener compared to CMBN and CMRT

No problem, any time. I've been modding the game for 12 years and adding mods for 20, so it's easy to forget that it can get confusing for people. Believe it or not though, it's way better than adding mods in CMx1. You had to make back ups of everything because when you add something it would over write the original files. And all the wav and bmp names were numbers. GIANT PIA trying to remember what number series went with what.

If you had CMFB you would have run into this already, but I forgot that BN has no seasonal tags outside of maybe mud and RT hasn't got to that point yet.

Mord.

1 hour ago, Bubba883XL said:

does veins not upload all his work then? his uniforms really pop in game. might have to swap over in CMBN , CMRT

You can find some of his stuff on CMMODs but a lot of it is in his own dropbox or some such.

http://cmmodsiii.greenasjade.net/?p=1155

Works with all titles

http://cmmodsiii.greenasjade.net/?p=446

@Vein dude needs a link to your files.

1 hour ago, Bubba883XL said:

altho i found the white winter greycoat odd lol...

They are historical.

Mord.

From what I can see a relatively small % of what I sent has made it to CMMODS IV as yet.  We're talking about half a terrabyte of mods - a truly huge amount of work when you see how Bootie is attractively presenting the info on his site.  (It would have been a lot easier and faster imo if the same simple format was used as for the old greenasjade CMMODS site.)  Am sure Bootie is doing his best to get stuff up.

5 hours ago, mjkerner said:

Hmmm, I had a FJ tropical mod for CM FI made/uploaded years ago.  It doesn't seem to be on the new site.

It's on CMMODs III but if I remember correctly you made it under the old file names. I may be wrong, but I am pretty sure they need to be renamed. I know your old US uniforms all need to be renamed.

Now that Martha's taken care of lets see some Muj textures on that model swap I just did!

Mord.