The outpost

4 hours ago, sburke said:

Not sure if this has come up here previously or not.  

Looks interesting.  Now for the silly question; what service is this playing on?  I looked it up but keep getting links similar to the below description.

Talon, the lone survivor of a race called the Blackbloods, sets off to the edge of civilization to track her family's killers. On her journey she discovers she has supernatural powers which she must learn to harness in order to achieve her goals.

Does not seem the same as the above video ......................... cute girl however.  :)

3 hours ago, MOS:96B2P said:

Looks interesting.  Now for the silly question; what service is this playing on?  I looked it up but keep getting links similar to the below description.

Talon, the lone survivor of a race called the Blackbloods, sets off to the edge of civilization to track her family's killers. On her journey she discovers she has supernatural powers which she must learn to harness in order to achieve her goals.

Does not seem the same as the above video ......................... cute girl however.  :)

Ha yeah that was some tv series.  I saw an article about the film then decided to see what it was about.  Googled it and thought, wtf is this?  LOL  Finally found on youtube.  This is a regular cinema release I think...you know, those places you can't go right now.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/rod-lurie-afghanistan-war-film-165923660.html

Tom Hanks apparently has a film with him as captain of a destroyer in the N Atlantic in 1942.  Based on The Good Shepherd

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6048922/

Edited by sburke

13 hours ago, sburke said:

Ha yeah that was some tv series.  I saw an article about the film then decided to see what it was about.  Googled it and thought, wtf is this?  LOL  Finally found on youtube.  This is a regular cinema release I think...you know, those places you can't go right now.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/rod-lurie-afghanistan-war-film-165923660.html

Tom Hanks apparently has a film with him as captain of a destroyer in the N Atlantic in 1942.  Based on The Good Shepherd

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6048922/

Will he get captured by pirates again?

• 2 weeks later...

Currently reading the book, authored by Jake Tapper.  Story of COP Keating.  Very good read.  My son spent 15 miserable months in that AOR with the 173rd, a year prior to the main event.  We were just discussing the book a couple nights ago and he told a story of sitting atop a cold windswept mountain watching the COP get pounded with mortars. Said they were only a short trek away as the crow flies, but given the terrain it would've taken them hours to reach it.  Ironically, he found himself in nearly the same situation a short time later when on what was supposed to be his last few nights in country, he and 18 members of his platoon were attacked on a remote OP by 100+ Taliban in the early morning hours under the cover of fog. Son said it was the longest hour he could ever imagine.  His squad leader was awarded the Distinguished Service Cross for his actions that day....and I thank him silently every night before going to bed for bringing my boy home.