Consulate Evacuation

Enjoyed this mission as a break from being yet again massacred playing CMBS.  Would recommend "Consulate Evacuation" to folks wanting to brush up their MOUT-like skills in an urban environment before they tackle a hard urban scenario like the very tough "Relief of Joker 3" set on its amazing (huge) Ramadi map.

"Consulate Evac" feels a bit like a beta as there are some oddities.  Eg: The conscript consulate staff (played by spy units) who have to be rescued are able to call down air support as quickly as one's JTAC/FO.  Some of the US troops take even longer and some can't call air at all. 

On the whole it's a fun exercise to get everyone to the evacuation zone with no KIA.  It's a 100 minute mission.  I found that I could break into the Consulate with engineer charges and rescue the staff in the first 15-16 minutes.  There was a fierce fight around the consulate, but after that had a fairly easy fight through the streets to the LZ which was reached after a total of 45 minutes - which is fortunate as that is when the sun comes up and the US loses its night vision advantage.  Soon after US troops entered the LZ, the mission abruptly ended with a Total Victory... although there were still Jihadist (or whatever they were) locals still around but nowhere where they could cause a threat.

So, a very pleasant experience.  US only suffered 6 WIA, no KIA and no vehicles or staff lost.  Not a tough fight.  Probably a good scenario for a newbie to gain MOUT experience on a decent-sized urban map.

+1.  This was my first scenario created for CMSF1.  I got it done with the help, adult supervision and encouragement of @sburke and @Combatintman.   I should probably make a redux version some day on the map used for Coup.  Coincidentally the consulates in both cities have almost identical layouts since they were built by the same general contractor.  :D  :lol:

Consulate in Consulate Evacuation.

NYNgta9h.jpg

Front gate to the US Consulate in Coup d'etat.

l1azdAph.jpg

1 hour ago, MOS:96B2P said:

+1.  This was my first scenario created for CMSF1.  I got it done with the help, adult supervision and encouragement of @sburke and @Combatintman.   I should probably make a redux version some day on the map used for Coup.  Coincidentally the consulates in both cities have almost identical layouts since they were built by the same general contractor.  :D  :lol:

absofrickinlutely

Also, I couldn't figure out a use for the two F-16's that become available after 25 minutes.  There was no need to demolish a building or city block.  A slower mover like A-10 or Apache would be more useful to keep roofs clear of enemy snipers and AT weapons by strafing.  And anyway with a minimum call time of 9 minutes, usually the problem was resolved before an aircraft arrived (and one can't retarget the strike).

Edited by Erwin

12 hours ago, MOS:96B2P said:

Consulate in Consulate Evacuation.

NYNgta9h.jpg

Front gate to the US Consulate in Coup d'etat.

l1azdAph.jpg

Unlike me - you've come a long way in your scenario designing career.  It was a pleasure being by your side as you took your baby steps in the editor.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/6/2020 at 10:07 PM, Falcon_the_Slut said:

I liked it too.

I wish there were more CMSF2 made scenarios instead of having to use CMSF1. Also, I've found that anything made by bootie is amazing.

You can play CMSF1 scenario's with CMSF2.

15 minutes ago, Falcon_the_Slut said:

Ya, but some are bugged. 

Does bootie make these scenarios or is he the guy that uploads them?

Is combat mission dead? there are 5 CMSF2 scenarios and the last CMSF scenario was made like 3 years ago. 

Bootie is the admin of the scenario depot. Some CMSF1 scenarios are less playable due to changes in engine since CMSF1, but most I tried work fine imo.

With regards to the amount of CMSF2 scenarios: when CMSF1 was released, it was the only CMx2 game available. now there are many, so designers will divide attention between all the different CMx2 families. 

Also, there is H&E mod and other initiatives so I wouldn't say that it's dead. Although I wouldn't mind more content obviously! 😉

2 hours ago, Falcon_the_Slut said:

Is combat mission dead? there are 5 CMSF2 scenarios and the last CMSF scenario was made like 3 years ago. 

With the release of CMSF2 there probably will not be anymore CMSF1 made scenarios.  All the designers & players have moved on to the new and improved CMSF2.  Nothing wrong with that they're just using all the additional features and ability of CMSF2.  

I may do a Redux version of Consulate Evacuation for CMSF2 and make it part of a campaign.    

2 hours ago, Falcon_the_Slut said:

Ya, but some are bugged. 

Playtesting for six scenario's in this thread.

An 11 mission campaign in this thread.

"Afghanistan Roulette" in this thread.

The Heaven & Earth "Open beta" comes with two campaigns, over 40 scenarios in total. There's even an attempt at a conversion of the Consular Evacuation scenario... although I fear I've made it too easy.

5 hours ago, Falcon_the_Slut said:

Ya, but some are bugged. 

CM is certainly not dead, I can assure you. Part of the relative silence is the typical "calm before the storm" on the forums that occurs before every anticipated release of a new title/module. Essentially things tend to get rather quiet once it is known that a new release is in the "soon" phase. 

Unfortunately there is also an issue with the CM mod website, and has been for some time. Due to the transition from one version to the next, uploads are very limited and only Bootie can upload anything. Its been this way for a long time and it appears to have drastically slowed CM modding/scenario uploads. 

Best advice right now is to wait it all out. For what its worth, most non-converted CMSF1 scenario's work and play very well in CMSF2, and there are a plethora of those scenario's out there. Might as well give them a go.