Fire and rubble (questions) :-)

Hi all!

Man, can't wait for the next module. 

Just a few questions I'd love to kindly ask. So. Here we go! 

Will we see more variety with unique buildings in the editor? 

Will we see some more vehicles added to the library of awesomeness? Including some we've not seen in the series yet? I.e stug iv? & 251/22 (Pak 75 long) 

Will we see allied forces added? I feel this one is a big ask. But just thought to ask as no harm. Lol. I.e Hungarians/Romanians ? 

Is it ready yet? Lol. What about now? 

Keep up the awesome work. 

Norm. 

1 hour ago, Bubba883XL said:

Will we see allied forces added? I feel this one is a big ask. But just thought to ask as no harm. Lol. I.e Hungarians/Romanians ?

I don't know about vehicles and buildings, but I know they have said there won't be Axis allies in the module. When forces are added, Battlefront always seem to do it extremely well and in extraordinary detail, and somewhere in some thread somewhere it was said that that was beyond what they could do for this module, although there was a vague vague vague suggestion that the door might be open for German allies to be added in the future in some form.

50 minutes ago, Bubba883XL said:

Cool. I agree with what you said. Is big job getting the information together let alone the models etc. 

I loved the Axis allies, especially the Hungarians, in CMBB, so if the fans keep asking, at least it is an indication to the developers that the interest is there.

I would probably buy anything the company would release though, so I don't know how indicative that is of the broader market...

(The Finns were fascinating too, in the early war setting.)

Edited by Freyberg

yeah it was a excellent addition to CMBB, was a huge game for what it offered. yes i am the same to, i pretty much buy or plan to buy any combat mission title..as i love what they are doing, especially the engine upgrades etc. any other game and you'd be getting the usual abandoned game issues trying to get it running etc. and i do find its still a unique game. and never get tired of playing or making scenarios

They were considering other nationalities but the module had already grown to massive proportions. New fall, winter and spring foliage, terrains and horizons,. Snow, whitewash for all vehicles, a new region (Germany) and specialized artwork for the Berlin maps, Lend Lease vehicles, late war vehicles, partisans and Volkssturm, multiple uniform swap-outs for the seasons. Plus some vehicles even got alt late war camou schemes. This module is a monster.

Edited by MikeyD

34 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

They were considering other nationalities but the module had already grown to massive proportions. New fall, winter and spring foliage, terrains and horizons,. Snow, whitewash for all vehicles, a new region (Germany) and specialized artwork for the Berlin maps, Lend Lease vehicles, late war vehicles, partisans and Volkssturm, multiple uniform swap-outs for the seasons. Plus some vehicles even got alt late war camou schemes. This module is a monster.

It sounds excellent :)

8 hours ago, MikeyD said:

That does sound great.  More than I anticipated.  I was very pleased when Steve told us that partisans made the cut which wasn't the case when this module's possible contents were first hinted.

I am bit surprised that minor nationalities were even considered.  Weren't we told years ago that BF had no inclination to go down the research rabbit-hole that those nations' TO&E would require?  Further, after the apparent coding nightmare that was including various "minor" nation formations into Rome to Victory, I would think BF wouldn't dare want to touch the Finns, Romanians, or Hungarians.  However, that they even considered it does make one hope of a possible pack including one or more of them someday, but I certainly would not hold my breath waiting on such a thing.

Edited by Myles Keogh

10 hours ago, Myles Keogh said:

That does sound great.  More than I anticipated.  I was very pleased when Steve told us that partisans made the cut which wasn't the case when this module's possible contents were first hinted.

I am bit surprised that minor nationalities were even considered.  Weren't we told years ago that BF had no inclination to go down the research rabbit-hole that those nations' TO&E would require?  Further, after the apparent coding nightmare that was including various "minor" nation formations into Rome to Victory, I would think BF wouldn't dare want to touch the Finns, Romanians, or Hungarians.  However, that they even considered it does make one hope of a possible pack including one or more of them someday, but I certainly would not hold my breath waiting on such a thing.

Hungarians and Romanians fought to the end there MUST be a module for them! Interest displayed.

Then you can work on the Japanese...  :ph34r:

24 minutes ago, Attilaforfun said:

Hungarians and Romanians fought to the end there MUST be a module for them! Interest displayed.

Then you can work on the Japanese...  :ph34r:

Romania didn't fight to the end. They made peace with the Soviets then attacked the Germans shortly after. Nonetheless it would be interesting to see what equipment they used.

3 hours ago, Anonymous_Jonze said:

Romania didn't fight to the end. They made peace with the Soviets then attacked the Germans shortly after. Nonetheless it would be interesting to see what equipment they used.

So Romania did or did not have forces in the field at wars end? ...hence fought to the end.

I doubt there is a player here unaware of the general history of the ETO.

On 4/18/2020 at 10:34 PM, MikeyD said:

This module is a monster.

This isn't an exaggeration in the slightest. Don't forget that this module is also adding some pretty significant corrections to the base TO&E in CMRT as well. The amount of content in this module must make it one of the largest modules released. The hype is indeed real. 

2 hours ago, Bubba883XL said:

i guess this module will add the seasons like italy? massive if it does.

The module takes CMRT from the end of the Bagration era (September 1944 iirc) and brings it all the way through to May 1945. So yes, it adds fall, winter, and spring to the game. 

2 hours ago, Bubba883XL said:

i wonder if we will see german assault squads, to counter the PPSH-41 squads

Not entirely sure what you mean about assault squads, but the Volksgrenadiers featured in CMFB will be present in the CMRT module, and they are basically assault infantry when armed with the MP44. The module also adds in the SS, Luftwaffe field divisions, Kriegsmarine, and Volksturm for the defense of Berlin. So there is plenty of stuff to play with, both new and old. 

On 4/28/2020 at 5:37 AM, IICptMillerII said:

The module takes CMRT from the end of the Bagration era (September 1944 iirc) and brings it all the way through to May 1945. So yes, it adds fall, winter, and spring to the game. 

Not entirely sure what you mean about assault squads, but the Volksgrenadiers featured in CMFB will be present in the CMRT module, and they are basically assault infantry when armed with the MP44. The module also adds in the SS, Luftwaffe field divisions, Kriegsmarine, and Volksturm for the defense of Berlin. So there is plenty of stuff to play with, both new and old. 

perfect 10/10, the Volksgrenadier is what i was meaning.

There's a new 'Germany' region. Standing basegame QB maps will change building facades (and other stuff) when you switch regions. Basegame QB map X set in July Russia will play quite different when its switched to Germany, February, during a heavy snowfall.

On 4/18/2020 at 9:34 PM, MikeyD said:

This module is a monster.

You guys keep saying you will never do a module like that again. It was said after Gustav Line, it was said while working on Rome to Victory, and now it's being said again. I bet you it gets said again for the Final Blitzkrieg module.

1 hour ago, Sequoia said:

You guys keep saying you will never do a module like that again. It was said after Gustav Line, it was said while working on Rome to Victory, and now it's being said again. I bet you it gets said again for the Final Blitzkrieg module.

Think that might just be a difference of definition. 

CMFI’s module was considered a “monster” due to the vast TO&E additions and changes, between all of the newly added nations and how much they changed between 1943-1945. 

CMRT’s module will be large in that it will bring a lot of formations (mostly German) and will cover a fairly diverse spread of battles (urban, winter, open, etc) but not a monster in the same way that the CMFI module was. 

I'm sure @MikeyD was talking about the amount of stuff being brought to CMRT, not the workload required when he said the module is going to be a monster.