Refunds?

I recently upgraded computers. Have not played BFC games in years though I bought many. Decided to re-download several and re-install since I'm home a lot now due to virus and wanted something to occupy my mind. Then saw I needed to upgrade to new versions for them to work. Spent $25 ($20 + $5) on two upgrades for CMBfN and CMBS. Turns out none of the installs works, can't even get game or activation screens to launch on my modern Win 10 system. Created help desk ticket, got one piece of advice back ("try to launch authenticator with administrator permission") which did not work. No follow up by help desk since. I have hundreds of dollars of BFC game investments lost at this point, games I can't play because of the highly restrictive copy protection. I'd at least like my $25 back since this darn virus situation has our budget stretched to the max. Thanks.

What version was CMBN before you purchased the 'Upgrade' for it ? If it was 1.x or 2.x, then you would have needed the '3.0 + 4.0 Upgrade' (CMBS only has a 4.0 Upgrade). If your copy of CMBN was 3.x, then only the 4.0 Upgrade would have been necessary (though the 3.x version should have worked with Windows 10). Do you have a problem during the actual installation of the games or do you only experience a problem during activation ?

With these upgrades I would suggest downloading the 'FULL' installer that comes with the upgrade. This is a full version of the game (possibly including modules and packs you may not have purchased). It includes all patches and there is typically nothing else you have to install. If you have old save games, mods and/or downloaded scenarios and campaigns, you may want to back those up and then completely delete whatever you may have currently installed of the games and then run the 'full' installer.

As for activating them, the "Right-click and select 'Run as Administrator'" option to launch the game sometimes is necessary (as you've apparently already tried). Also, if you have any anti-virus/security software you may want to add an exception within it for the game executables and possibly their directories. Some security software's active protection features may prevent the game from running and sometimes it might take awhile for the executables to be scanned (if they are not completely blocked). Usually just launching the game the first time around should bring up an activation screen. In the case of CMBN you have several modules and packs that also need to be activated and that requires using the 'Activate Modules' shortcut that might be on the desktop or within the Start Menu (in the Battlefront and then Combat Mission Battle for Normandy folders).

The 3.x and 4.x versions of CMBN are definitely compatible with Windows 10. I'm not sure of the 2.x versions of CMBN. CMBS should work without the upgrade (it is based on the 3.0 Engine for its 1.x versions). Typically there should be no need to run the games with a 'compatibility mode' (such as Windows 8 or 7, etc.).