Interesting find in the vanilla unit files

I recently was snooping around in the original game files using the rezexplode tool to try and rag-tag my nato units. But to my surprise, there are models in the base game for gas-mask pouches, crotch armor, and even elbow & knee pads. I've never seen either of these gear models used in-game before, but if I can recall correctly, the og SF1 coalition troops had  bore gas-mask pouches & crotch armor as worn equipment in-game. So now I beg the question, are the previously listed gear models in the SF2 game files just leftovers from the SF1 remake and thus incompatible for use with the new unit models, or are they supposed to be implemented in the game?

And as a side note, there are also knee & elbow pad gear models in CMBS's game files as well which aren't used in-game.

23 hours ago, Attilaforfun said:

Then you go overseas to a conflict zone and it's INSTANTLY and universally ditched.

LOL. And they were modded out of SF1 the second masking was figured out. I believe it was Angryson who came up with that simple yet beauty of a mod; no gas mask and crotch guard.

On 4/14/2020 at 7:20 PM, hypeman said:

are the previously listed gear models in the SF2 game files just leftovers from the SF1 remake and thus incompatible for use with the new unit models,

Yeah, just leftovers. The brzs have a ton of clutter/trash from SF1 and can be VERY confusing if you aren't sure what you are looking for/at.

Mord.

Edited by Mord