NTC Scenario

4 hours ago, George MC said:

I've got a 2.7 x 4km CMSF2 map that although the key terrain elements (elevations and roads) are all done was never finished (although i chopped it up and used bits for smaller scenarios). Happy to donate it to the greater good if anyone wants to use it as the base for something?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7p4sobzkzohqhwl/Objective Eagle_v10.btt?dl=0

@Erwin you often talk about big maps similar to CM North Africa .  I think you might find this map interesting. :)  

3 minutes ago, MOS:96B2P said:

@Erwin you often talk about big maps similar to CM North Africa .  I think you might find this map interesting. :)  

Aye the premise for this was to do a recce type mission followed by engagement.

In very rough tests (although in CMSF often got the dreaded Out of memory issue) had engagements at 2km plus!

It seems to work fine in CMSF2.

5 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

That's another lovely map @George MC.....I forsee long journeys in small vehicles (Inshallah)!  :ph34r:

The out of memory error doesn't seem to be a thing in CM:SF2.....Maps that would always crash in the old game's editor are solid as a rock in the new one.  B)

Cheers ta. Aye I that is the case. i did rerun my test scenario in CMSF2 and had no issues so should be fine for you and your wee vehicles to roll in CMSF2. :)

Edited by George MC

There's only four (or five) men on the Blue team, oh look.....Here they are:

0MsnNay.jpg

I'm sure it will run fine.  ;)

Really starting to want ammo caches in CM:SF2.....Just not at the expense of being able to dismount vehicles.

@37mm.....Would it be technically possible to make an invisible Stryker, replacing the usual unit icon with the icon for an ammo cache from one of the other games.....If so this could be placed inside a building (immobilised) in the scenario editor and then be used in game to Acquire ammo by mounting up (clicking on the icon to do so) and then following the normal Acquire system.

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

Yeah, it was purely for cosmetic reasons.....The scenario is essentially Red vs. Red, but I will want the player's force to be able to get their hands on a Javelin, a Stryker seems to be the best option for doing this. 

Here's a question for the hardcore player.....In a campaign, if a unit acquires a superior weapon (through buddy aid), do they keep it in subsequent missions or do they revert to their default? 

4 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Yeah, it was purely for cosmetic reasons.....The scenario is essentially Red vs. Red, but I will want the player's force to be able to get their hands on a Javelin, a Stryker seems to be the best option for doing this. 

Here's a question for the hardcore player.....In a campaign, if a unit acquires a superior weapon (through buddy aid), do they keep it in subsequent missions or do they revert to their default? 

Hhmm good question... 

Anecdotally within a section if say the MG gunner is offed, then whoever picks up the weapon will still have the weapon next mission.

But not sure if they pickup a weapon from another unit whether it will carry over to next mission.

Might have to make some test scripts (not very good at those).....My thought was to blow a Blue US/NATO/UK unit to bits early in the game/campaign (a terrorist attack or the like), allowing the player to buddy aid himself a selection of finest NATO hardware. 

But if the units can't keep the weapons I'll have to come up with something else.....I can't have every scenario start with a bunch of westerners randomly exploding.  ;)

PS - The way I'm planning this, the player's units are essentially immortals, provided they are not ALL slain in a single scenario (opfor Destroy All Objective with mega-points), which loses you the scenario & campaign there and then.....Otherwise their friends will somehow rescue them and they will get better (reinforcement 100%), allowing them to continue with their great Syrian adventure.  Naturally most of the missions are tiny, but often on very big maps.....Some of them, notably the first are pure scene-setting.  :ph34r:

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

13 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

@37mm.....Would it be technically possible to make an invisible Stryker, replacing the usual unit icon with the icon for an ammo cache from one of the other games.....If so this could be placed inside a building (immobilised) in the scenario editor and then be used in game to Acquire ammo by mounting up (clicking on the icon to do so) and then following the normal Acquire system.

Pretty much anything can be made invisible or model swapped with something else... although, in this case, it sounds simpler to just have an abandoned Stryker placed in the building & then say your red force acquired/captured/towed it there pre-battle.

Edited by 37mm

On 4/14/2020 at 12:32 PM, Bil Hardenberger said:

There was.. I created a map of John Wayne Pass for CMSF1 back in the early days.  I lost it in a computer crash many years ago and have been searching for it ever since.. I know someone has it on a hard drive somewhere.

Bil

My Google-fu has failed me, the only reference I could find was @JohnO struggling with just such a scenario back in July 2007.

Edited by 37mm