NTC Scenario

13 hours ago, Blackhorse said:

Is there an NTC Scenario? Can one be made? Asking for a friend.

Chris, I created one for CMSF 1 way back in the day based on John Wayne Pass... lost that map many years ago though.  I also created a Red Pass map for CMBS, but never built a scenario to go with it.  So yes it's possible.

NTC Red Pass Map:

NTC-Red+Pass-01.PNG 

NTC-Red+Pass-02.PNG

NTC-Red+Pass-03.PNG

NTC-Red+Pass-04.PNG

@Sgt.Squarehead, @MOS:96B2P, as promised here is the NTC map download link.

Remember this was built in CMBS and was never able to transfer it into CMSF2.  Note, this map is about 90% complete... all I had left to do was depress the elevation slightly for all of the wadis on the map... currently they are just painted on.  Still its perfectly serviceable as is.

If either of you (or anybody else) build a scenario with it please let me know.

Bil

Edited by Bil Hardenberger

I think all of my efforts to switch the maps from the later games (the exception being CMA) into CMSF/SF2 have been dismal failures... such a possibility would be very handy.

I could've sworn there was an old CMSF National Training Centre map... but I checked all my old files & it appears to be a figment of my imagination.

I've got a 2.7 x 4km CMSF2 map that although the key terrain elements (elevations and roads) are all done was never finished (although i chopped it up and used bits for smaller scenarios). Happy to donate it to the greater good if anyone wants to use it as the base for something?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7p4sobzkzohqhwl/Objective Eagle_v10.btt?dl=0

It was the basis for an 'Objective Eagle' mission I was noodling with but other stuff took over. I'll be impressed if anyone gets the reference ;)

Thanks to both Bil and George for posting these maps! The NTC has always seemed to me like it would make for good map templates, but has been overlooked for the most part. I tried my hand at recreating some of the terrain in the editor for CMSF2, but the efforts were sub par to say the least. 

44 minutes ago, George MC said:

It was the basis for an 'Objective Eagle' mission I was noodling with but other stuff took over. I'll be impressed if anyone gets the reference ;)

Its not a reference to Hill 781 is it?

15 minutes ago, IICptMillerII said:

Thanks to both Bil and George for posting these maps! The NTC has always seemed to me like it would make for good map templates, but has been overlooked for the most part. I tried my hand at recreating some of the terrain in the editor for CMSF2, but the efforts were sub par to say the least. 

Its not a reference to Hill 781 is it?

My pleasure.

You are close - correct book type (command decisions and dice rolls) but different book done in a similar style. Forgot the exact reference myself as book is up in the loft with all my modern stuff. Just remind me now I have some time I should uppack it all into my new man cave...

1 hour ago, George MC said:

I've got a 2.7 x 4km CMSF2 map that although the key terrain elements (elevations and roads) are all done was never finished (although i chopped it up and used bits for smaller scenarios). Happy to donate it to the greater good if anyone wants to use it as the base for something?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7p4sobzkzohqhwl/Objective Eagle_v10.btt?dl=0

I might stick a jungle on it 🙂

23 minutes ago, George MC said:

You are close - correct book type (command decisions and dice rolls) but different book done in a similar style. Forgot the exact reference myself as book is up in the loft with all my modern stuff. Just remind me now I have some time I should uppack it all into my new man cave...

Well if you do manage to dig it out be sure to let me know the book! One of the benefits of the current situation we all find ourselves in is that I've been making some good progress at chipping away at the massive backlog I have. Might as well add another to the list now that there is a bit more room!

23 minutes ago, IICptMillerII said:

Well if you do manage to dig it out be sure to let me know the book! One of the benefits of the current situation we all find ourselves in is that I've been making some good progress at chipping away at the massive backlog I have. Might as well add another to the list now that there is a bit more room!

he! Aye likewise :) Aye I'll dig it out.

Cheery!

4 hours ago, 37mm said:

I could've sworn there was an old CMSF National Training Centre map... but I checked all my old files & it appears to be a figment of my imagination.

There was.. I created a map of John Wayne Pass for CMSF1 back in the early days.  I lost it in a computer crash many years ago and have been searching for it ever since.. I know someone has it on a hard drive somewhere.

Bil