Infantry not using nearest entrance to buildings

On 4/5/2020 at 9:28 AM, General Jack Ripper said:

They may be obvious to YOU, but if the unit in question has no contact markers then it is not obvious to THEM.

Please feel free to enclose some screenshots or video of the incident in question.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't think the AI had any advanced capability like what you are describing?

My understanding is that contact markers are only used by the AI to increase the chance to spot targets (and sometimes to fire on) but they have no sense of how they fit within the environment at all. The AI would never know if they are entering a kill zone because the AI has no ability to understand what a kill zone is. That is exclusively the domain of the player.

On 4/6/2020 at 11:13 AM, com-intern said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't think the AI had any advanced capability like what you are describing?

My understanding is that contact markers are only used by the AI to increase the chance to spot targets (and sometimes to fire on) but they have no sense of how they fit within the environment at all. The AI would never know if they are entering a kill zone because the AI has no ability to understand what a kill zone is. That is exclusively the domain of the player.

But the presence of contact markers can at least inform the TACAI that SOMETHING is over there.

A "kill zone" might be a bit complicated, but "possible enemy presence" is not.