Opening .mds files

Hello,

I'm currently experimenting with making German tank crews wear parkas in the winter. A problem I've run into is that they don't have headsets anymore when they wear said parkas.

I can open .mdr files to edit weapons but I haven't found a way to open .mds files yet. In fact I'm not even sure that's possible. Can anyone give me some pointers as to how to fix that, if it actually is possible?

If anyone wants me to share what I've done, just ask.

Edited by Frenchy56

• 1 year later...
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, kohlenklau said:

hey Frenchy, did you ever solve the missing headsets issue?

I have a similar issue with Soviets now in early war model M35 uniforms. No gear!

The headsets are linked to the uniform, as is the gear. Nothing much we can do against the headset issue, for the gear you need to use uniform models from the same faction for it to keep showing up.

I just chose to accept it and let them not wear headsets. The parkas look cool enough.

Edited by Frenchy56

.mds files are Battlefront properietary files for the 3d human models in the CM games. So they are similar to the .mds. files and to open them would require to "decode" their file structure and make an import script for Blender or some other 3D program, where they could be opened. Something like this that was made for the .mds files: 

3 minutes ago, SchnelleMeyer said:

.mds files are Battlefront properietary files for the 3d human models in the CM games. So they are similar to the .mds. files and to open them would require to "decode" their file structure and make an import script for Blender or some other 3D program, where they could be opened. Something like this that was made for the .mds files: 

I guess this code must be also linked with Python progrm cos to open mdr files, a Python code had be created...?  just asking !

4 minutes ago, SchnelleMeyer said:

The tools was written in Python, yes.

for mdr files...  so we have to know somebody that know Python quite good  to have the same result for mds !!

Edited by JM Stuff

Just now, SchnelleMeyer said:

Yes, but Python knowledge is not enough. - the decoding of the .mds format would be the most challenging. Writing the script in Python would be simple enough (for a programmer) when the format is known.

Good to know,.. I don t know why but peoples with a name  Meyer or Mayer...are always clever !