Standing in Foxholes?

Trying to see over the crest of the hill? Just a guess, you might be at that awkward spot where there's a big difference in LOS between standing and  kneeling. You see this (without foxholes) when troops are on the back side of a hill crest. They will stand to peer over.

2 hours ago, MikeyD said:

You see this (without foxholes) when troops are on the back side of a hill crest. They will stand to peer over.

That's cool.  I had not noticed that before.  But, you are saying that the system is actually trying to get better LOS... and standing actually gives the pixeltruppen better LOS?  It is not just eye candy.  

1 hour ago, BFCElvis said:

I'm played countless hours of CM and have never seen that. Is this something that you're able to reproduce? If so, what steps would I need to take to duplicate it? Do you have any mods installed?

i have never seen it either , i will take all the mods out , how would a mod make a soldier stand?

I do know that in the vanilla game if you place a trench within a ditch the men will stand in the trench to fire out of the ditch. So again this may be due to the hill?

I've used the ditch trick when making scenarios as it gives the men much more protection than a standard trench. Since they get the saving throw of the trench placeable but also get much more cover as the ditch hides most of their body.

Edited by com-intern
trench

I didn't even play the battle. I opened it, found the guys standing up, moved other units into a couple of empty foxholes, saw some of them standing, took a screenshot and made a saved game (so they'd be easy to find and see) and closed the game. Never played a single turn.