Fire and Rubble Update

BFCElvis

3 hours ago, mjkerner said:

Lol, I thought Barking (mad) was 3 stops short of Dagenham? Maybe Bedlam is 4 stops short? Either way, yes, I guess I did.

Nah, me ol' China. You're finking ov Dagenham 'eathway which comes before Dagenham East.

I used to have a mate who worked at Fords, somewhat unimaginatively he was known as "Dagenham Steve".

And "Bedlam" now home to the Imperial War Museum is served by Lambeth North which is on the Bakerloo Line, a different kettle ov fish altogevver.

Edited by Warts 'n' all

2 hours ago, mjkerner said:

I say, ‘ol chap, have a spot of tea?

Bob’s your uncle!

Pip, pip, cheerio and all that rot. 

Tah!

Hahaha.

I did actually have an Uncle Bob. He emigrated to Australia, and became a Mormon. What a plonker, as Del Boy would say.

Now about these Fire and Rubble updates, where were we?

It was certainly a lot better than Xmas '44. And the chaos of the spring '45. But it still couldn't have been much fun.

Of course there weren't any "Brits" there, although there was a number of British troops in the city. As for "Soviets", they were freely elected workers councils, and ceased to exist when the Bolsheviks banned any non party member from standing for election.

Happened across this - just showed up on the main YouTube page when I went to it.  I figured I would post it even though we've moved on from the Flak Tower stuff.  There are also a lot of videos on YouTube about Flak Towers where people go and tour them.  Apparently they were too difficult to destroy after the war and many still stand today being used as retail space.  Imagine Hitler's reaction if he knew that nightclubs and music stores would be in his Flak Towers one day!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jgvkzD8d3k

2 hours ago, ASL Veteran said:

Imagine Hitler's reaction if he knew that nightclubs and music stores would be in his Flak Towers one day!

Oh, come on. Everyone knows that Mad Addy was a massive dance music fan. He only pretended to be into Rickie Wagner and the Bombastic ****e Band.

One would expect some kind of update now release of the module is near. Or am I being silly and should we prepare for more radio silence and the inevitable story about delay, the promised release date of the 8th of January just being the date we can pre-order, so things can drag along for another couple of months and it's ready when it's ready? 

Edited by Aragorn2002

I don't remember there being a "promised" release date of 8th January. @BFCElvisdid mention the fact that the 8th is the birthday of the lead singer from Bromley Dave and the Self-publicists. Of course my old eyes may have missed the word "promise" and I am happy to be corrected on that.

Exits stage right humming "Hot titties and worn-out shoes, Barry Obama always sang blues. Ribble Valley I like your style, Ribble Valley go that extra mile." ------------------------------------------>

Edited by Warts 'n' all

when I in university 2007.,I saw the cmsf1 preview in a chinese wargame forum.I was so hopefull to see eastfront in CM*2 engine from that time.

Then I wait and wait ,buy cmsf ,cmbn,cmfi and nearly all dlc.

Until 2014 cmrt come out,I still remember I take annual leave at March-April in order to play the game as soon as possible.

Peharps BFC can tell me a time,I will ask for leave to play the DLC,like what happen in 2014

A lot of people were asking for a release date of Fire and Rubble so Elvis gave them January 8. I think it may be just an arbitrary date or could be the date of when we can pre-order.

We should find out more information on Friday in the Year Ahead Bones Post, which they have traditionally always made on January 1.