Fire and Rubble Update

BFCElvis

I've been pleading for Uncons (& IEDs) across all the titles, designers don't need to use them if they don't want to, but there would be a metric s**t-ton of options for those who do.....If we had them.

IMHO it would be wise to add them for BOTH sides as I beleive Partisans are being added with this pack too.....TBH the core mechanics of CM:SF's Combatants, Fighters, Spies, Spy Forward Observers & IED Triggermen could all be used in any of the titles, as Maquis in CM:BN through to militants & paramilitaries in CM:BS.

VBIEDs maybe not so much though.  ;)

PS - The CM:SF2 Uncons could use some tweaking TBH, they have no radio comms whatsoever as it stands, despite using taxis for their primary transport.  :rolleyes:

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

13 minutes ago, RepsolCBR said:

Was any thought given to perhaps adding spies (simular to CMSF) or some other type of unconvential units to the german side...

I've been reading that temporarely unarmed volksturm soldiers mixing with the civilians caused the russians some problems...

The Werwolf-movement. It goes rather far to expect them in the game...

6 minutes ago, Aragorn2002 said:

The Werwolf-movement. It goes rather far to expect them in the game...

See my post above.....Absolutely everything needed to model them exists already, the units just need new models/skins. 

If @Battlefront.com could be persuaded to give Spies back their ability to administer Buddy Aid (ie: loot weapons) there's even more that could be done.

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

25 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

IMHO it would be wise to add them for BOTH sides as I beleive Partisans are being added with this pack too.....TBH the core mechanics of CM:SF's Combatants, Fighters, Spies, Spy Forward Observers & IED Triggermen could all be used in any of the titles

That would be nice 

I've suggested in the past that Uncons should be able to administer Buddy Aid to opposing units, essentially finishing them off (all wounded would be killed) and stealing their guns.....This would give a player a genuine incentive not to leave anybody behind in the presence of Uncons and it would make them a much scarier opponent to boot (as they should be IMHO).

Said @BFCElvis changing the subject!  :P

It's a very nice gun, but you can do an awful lot more with an IED Triggerman....."Bye, Bye Bridge!" for instance (among countless other options outside those the unit was originally intended for).

Same goes for pretty much all the Uncon units as we've seen by the creative ways they have been used in numerous CM:SF scenarios.

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

These (Volkssturm and partisan forces) are intended to be depicted as (semi) organized, large-scale forces that were intended to serve a useful field-combat purpose in conjunction (or often in place of in 1945 for the Germans) with the larger armed forces.

The Volkssturm is an obvious inclusion for the time-frame, the Soviet partisan far stuff less so in a module covering late 1944-45. They are added to cover the last phases of the partisan movement in the Soviet Union during the main game period of the Bagration offensive.

If BFC makes modules that cover commandos, that seems a better match for smaller, hit-and-run actions. The Editor and modding can expand that, as well of course. I'd vastly rather see late war Hungarians and Romanians added, personally.

A. Stephen Hamilton in Bloody Streets spends some ink on describing why he thinks of the battle for the city of Berlin as a first in urban, asymmetric warfare. There are other historical precedents, but that's part of the point of having these types of forces included. It's different, but similar- and things like the TO&E and weapon composition make these different, unique forces with unique capabilities and limitations.

The new models by Cassio, and art by Mikey D let you know what's being faced visually (Elvis has posted one base-model version for the Volkssturm), as well as providing context for capabilities. Generally low quality troops can be a problem for a highly mechanized force, due to the advent of man-portable AT weapons in built-up areas. Tanks are beasts, but moving through village streets with them is unnerving. As it was- that's yet another place where CM matches historical outcomes.

Not dismissng the huge work that the team have done.....Just pointing out that all the pieces appear to be in place to do even more in the future.

I know things are never as simple as we'd like, but it almost seems silly not to, given that the units already exist in CM:SF2.

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

Looking good!  @BFCElvis a few questions:

- In addition to Volkssturm and partisans, will other units have the ability to randomize helmets/caps/hats.  Would be a welcome addition to all the titles

- Will any of the German vehicles be getting their accurate late war versions?  eg 251 stummel with top mount and coax mg or the 251/21 with upgraded 20mm? If so,  pics would be great.

- We've seen the Rubble, when do we get to see the Fire?