Fire and Rubble Update

BFCElvis

8 hours ago, BFCElvis said:

Then Ben had a pretty clever idea. Make it a 2 battle campaign. Not just make it a 2 battle campaign but make 2 of them so that it is playable from either the German or the Soviet side. 

Opera 1.jpg

Opera 2.jpg

I know i've mentioned this before...but I kind lf wish that you would do simular things with the individual scenarios...

Make two versions of the same scenario. Each tailored to give the AI a slight advantage regardless of wich side the player chose to play.

Having the same scenario being playble from both sides is a nice idea but it does not really work all that well.

Lets say that a particular scenario has been designed to be played primarely from the german side as an attacker...to give the player a decent challange the defending AI needs to be really strong. This is no big problem obviously when playing the german side but what happens when the player chose to play the other side ?

Now the AI will need to attack a overly strong defence commanded by the player...

This usually enda up as nothing more then a shooting galleri on the part of the player.

The AI can't possibly be expected to handle a fight vs a human player when it already from the start is handikappad by a weaker force.

I don't expert you guys to change all the finished F&R scenarios....but please considder doing 2 versions of the individual scenarios going forward. 😎

Having a single scenario having AI plans for both sides is honestly mostly just a waste of time and energi on the part of the designer.

It's actually possible to play either side in a campaign.....Requires an enormous amount of work by the designer and it only really works for Red vs Red scenarios in CM:SF2 (or other variants of that game like 'Heaven & Earth'), but it is technically doable (more so with mods).

The mighty @MOS:96B2P discovered/invented it.  B)

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

23 hours ago, BFCElvis said:

Right now there are 24. Pretty big number. We're waiting for a couple of things to be added and there have been threats that once they are there might be another battle or 2. Also, sometimes scenarios get pulled at the last minute for one reason or the other.

One of the reasons we don't like to get into that is that it isn't an accurate number until the game ships. It isn't impossible (although it is unlikely) that the module ships with 2 campaigns and not 5. Nothing is chiseled in stone until it is released. Rome to Victory ended up having more scenarios than the original pre-order details said . I think the pre-order announcement said 8 and I think it shipped with 15 (note to self....check to see if the website properly reflects what the module shipped with). That was one of the very few good things about the extraordinarily long time between pre-orders opening and final release. And also, there were a couple of "hey, guys. Is it too late to add another?"

Cheers John - I am the kind of guy who is happy with a ballpark figure :)

On 12/17/2020 at 1:53 AM, BFCElvis said:

Right now there are 24. Pretty big number. We're waiting for a couple of things to be added and there have been threats that once they are there might be another battle or 2.

Great news! Don´t worry if it ends up being 18 or 22. Quality is more important than quantity for me. Looking forward to the game module in Q1/2021.

24 minutes ago, Vacilllator said:

@BFCElvis a question if I may (and no complaint or griping from me 😉).

Will there be a pre-order or just a straightforward release this time?  It seems a little late in the day (or year) for pre-order if the release is expected in January?

I am of course happy either way...

There will definitely be pre-orders. I am holding off on opening them until I am sure that the time between pre-orders and release is fairly short. Another experience (for you guys and us) like Rome to Victory is what I want to avoid. There is a piece of the module that is still missing. I'm not going to get into what it is but anyone paying very close attention may be able to figure it out by the lack of screenshots of it. 🙂 I cant have a proper Gallery without them.

1 hour ago, TJT said:

Have there been any TO&E posted for Fire and Rubble ala the one on the base games store page?

When the pre-orders open there will be the traditional TO&E page.

43 minutes ago, BFCElvis said:

There will definitely be pre-orders. I am holding off on opening them until I am sure that the time between pre-orders and release is fairly short. Another experience (for you guys and us) like Rome to Victory is what I want to avoid.

I bought the FI bundle later on, so I was not exposed to this.  It must have been bad 😉.

43 minutes ago, BFCElvis said:

I'm not going to get into what it is but anyone paying very close attention may be able to figure it out by the lack of screenshots of it. 🙂 I cant have a proper Gallery without them.

I think I know what you are referring to, but happy to wait until you can press the button.

And thanks for the quick answer 👍.

By the way, why can't I like Admin posts?  I see you have a mere 24 likes, but that means it must have once been possible?

Edited by Vacilllator

3 minutes ago, Vacilllator said:

I bought the FI bundle later on, so I was not exposed to this.  It must have been bad 😉.

Historically, pre-order to final release was 4-6 weeks. Pre-orders for Rome opened in June and it was released in November. Painful for everyone. 🙂 

1 minute ago, BFCElvis said:

Historically, pre-order to final release was 4-6 weeks. Pre-orders for Rome opened in June and it was released in November. Painful for everyone. 🙂 

Ouch, I can only imagine the grief you got 😉.  And I belatedly added a question to the end of my last post.

58 minutes ago, BFCElvis said:

There will definitely be pre-orders. I am holding off on opening them until I am sure that the time between pre-orders and release is fairly short. Another experience (for you guys and us) like Rome to Victory is what I want to avoid. There is a piece of the module that is still missing. I'm not going to get into what it is but anyone paying very close attention may be able to figure it out by the lack of screenshots of it. 🙂 I cant have a proper Gallery without them.

When the pre-orders open there will be the traditional TO&E page.

8th of January....

23 minutes ago, Vacilllator said:

By the way, why can't I like Admin posts?  I see you have a mere 24 likes, but that means it must have once been possible?

I'm not sure. Maybe they were before I had Admin privledges.

3 minutes ago, Aragorn2002 said:

8th of January....

Bowie's birthday! Two reasons to celebrate.

Just now, Aragorn2002 said:

Much appreciated, Vacilllator, counting the days, although I force myself to concentrate on CMFB, CMFI and Command Ops 2 at the moment.

Hmmm. Command Ops 2?  No don't get me started - Tank Crew comes to mind.  Not regretting that by the way...

30 minutes ago, BFCElvis said:

I'm not sure. Maybe they were before I had Admin privledges.

Bowie's birthday! Two reasons to celebrate.

Well, if the Partisans are still not in AND there well be pre-orders, I really wonder whether we will have something to celebrate on the 8th of January, but you know better than I of course.

23 minutes ago, Vacilllator said:

Hmmm. Command Ops 2?  No don't get me started - Tank Crew comes to mind.  Not regretting that by the way...

Command Ops 2 is more or less a perfected version of Panzer Campaigns, but much better looking and more complicated. At the moment I'm replaying a  CO2 scenario called Greyhound Dash, on the assault of the 116th Panzer Division in the Ardennes and at the same time fighting the self made battles in CMFB. A very satisfying combination. 

3 minutes ago, Vacilllator said:

Are these available to the general public?  I may have to get FB for Christmas...

They are not nearly good enough for releasing. Just a map with some quickly placed companies on it. No AI plans or something like that. You can easily make them yourself. Get FB by all means, it's brilliant.